MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Polish Independent Parachute "Company"??

Article about: I am currently reading a set of archive papers dated 7 September 1944 related to the Warsaw Uprising 1944 concerning Mikolajczyk's written request of 5 September to Lord Selbourne for the &q

?

I was not awear that an Poles were in that unit, I have never heard of that before

Dean O

Hello Jan,

Thank you for sharing your father's wartime story with us. He certainly experienced some adventures, with the drop into occupied France only to be greeted by a resistance party containing his brother being particularly noteworthy. I hope that diary eventually turns up!

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello Jan,
    Thanks for cool story.
    Can you show us any photos, memorabilia, etc of your father?
    Greetings
    Rafal

Thanks for the interest from you all. Getting some things together and will upload in the next few days. Regards Jan

Polish Independent Parachute "Company"??Polish Independent Parachute "Company"??
    I have been in touch with Jan.

He just send me some images and has given me permission to post them here.

Kazimierz Mazgaj, Parachute badge # 3277, strzelec, O VI MON, badge numbers are from the very fist part of badges that were allocated to Grenadiers.

He served in Foreign Legion, at some point most likely went to British, subsequently Polish Forces, because of his ability to speak French joined Grenadiers.

I have asked Jan to provide some pictures of back of the SF wing, the patki and the Para wing.

Jan wants to research his Fathers service in Foreign Legion, I know enough to be dangerous on the subject, but never really seen any books that dealt exclusively with that subject. If anyone has the knowledge Jan would be grateful.

Jan, Thanks for the pictures of these super rare items.

Wow, Jan
    Now I can see that I had a contact with you a few years ago via Ebay!
    I got phone number to your Dad and had a pleasure to talk to Kazimierz Mazgaj!

I will check my archives for any info regarding grenadier Mazgaj.

More pics would be welcomed!
    :-)
    Rafal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2