Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Polish M26 Adrian helmet for opinion

Article about: Why so much evidence of corrosion under the eagle in almost a perfect outline of the badge and not much significant signs of corrosion on the reverse of the badge or elsewhere on the helmet.

Default Polish M26 Adrian helmet for opinion

Got this helmet doday, i think it is a Polish M26 Adrian helmet with Polish pre war eagle wz19,
    from what i see the eagle was on this helmet for a long time ,
    I am grateful for any information
    Janek
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish  M26 Adrian helmet  for opinion   Polish  M26 Adrian helmet  for opinion  

Polish  M26 Adrian helmet  for opinion   Polish  M26 Adrian helmet  for opinion  

Polish  M26 Adrian helmet  for opinion  

I personally don't like it - the eagle look bad for some reason.
    I was under the impression eagles mounted on the helmets were the ones with prongs and not with spinners.

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    I personally don't like it - the eagle look bad for some reason.
    I was under the impression eagles mounted on the helmets were the ones with prongs and not with spinners.
    Thank you for your opinion, but I don't see anything wrong with the eagle. It is in nice worn condition, and as I stated earlier it has been on this helmet for a very long time.
    Inside the helmet there were two holes but they were welded shut.
    As far as I know, the Polish Army during WW2 used anything they could get their hands on, and made it work.

I agree but also Polish Army in France was only active for 7-8 months. The chinstrap looks newish.
    Those helmets are rare and often faked - check Allegro and other Polish sites.
    Also they are not hard to put together.

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    I agree but also Polish Army in France was only active for 7-8 months. The chinstrap looks newish.
    Those helmets are rare and often faked - check Allegro and other Polish sites.
    Also they are not hard to put together.
    I have this helmet from an older collector, that sold it to me as his kids and grandkids have no interest in militaria. I also know that the helmet was stored in his showcase since the 50's

If that is the case, then it is a rare find.

Thank you I hope it is
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish  M26 Adrian helmet  for opinion   Polish  M26 Adrian helmet  for opinion  

Polish  M26 Adrian helmet  for opinion  

I very carefully removed the eagle, something I will not do again, to show you what is underneath it. I know it is very possible to reproduce this helmet, and maybe it doesnt show in the pics, but there Is something about this helmet. It has character, everything fits and comes together so well that it just doesnt smell fake.

Well one problem for me is that this is supposed to be a combat helmet, and no one in the right mind would put this shiny eagle on a helmet in combat.... it would present a nice shiny target... looks more like a parade helmet, but there were really no parades in France in 1939....
    Just some common sense from a soldiers point of view.
    Also the holes welded shut ? who would do so and when ? 1939/1940 in France they did not have enough weapons , uniforms, shoes, or equipment and yet someone took the time to do this?
    The eagle shows signs of being polished.....

they did use the badges as the one above even in pre-1939 WP, but mostly it was officers and mainly cavalry during maneuvers and so on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast