Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Polish Medal Ribbons

Article about: Hi Tony You are incredible...I am very excited to learn this new information .Thank you so much for identifying what is most likely my dads regiment Is this regimental badge difficult to fin

Default Re: Polish Medal Ribbons

Hi Tony
    You are incredible...I am very excited to learn this new information .Thank you so much for identifying what is most likely my dads regiment
    Is this regimental badge difficult to find and purchase do you know?
    Again thank you for helping me to find out more about my dad.
    Jo

Not a problem Jo. Glad we were able to help.

Pictured below is a side by comparison of the 10th Mounted Rifles regimental badge in wear. Keep in mind that these are enameled officer grade badges. On the left is Col. Konstanty Plisowski of the 10th Mounted Rifles (C.O. of the regiment fro 1932-36), and on the right an officer in the group picture you posted. To my eye it appears that we may have a match.

As far as locating a genuine original badge they are quite scarce, but do come onto the market occasionally. You’d need to regularly scour the auction listings, and will probably have the best chance for success with those in Poland (Allegro, DESA, etc). But beware of copies! For an enlisted rank version in good condition you’re probably looking at something on the order of $500 (300 GBP) as a starting price.

Replicas are readily available, such as this one selling now for the equivalent of about 7GBP:

10 PU

Cheers,
    Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Medal Ribbons 
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi Tony
    The officer in your photo does look remarkably like the officer in my dads regimental photo. Moreover I am pretty sure my dad was in the regiment as far back as 1936 as he joined the army as a career and not just prior to the outbreak of war.
    Do you know when the photo you attached was taken as it looks as though it was taken a bit after the one I have.
    Again it is fascinating to link up what you know against the limited information and photos I have..Thanks again for all the help you have given me
    Jo

Hi Jo,

The picture was taken on the roof of the Pałac Prasy (Press Palace) in Kraków in 1936. The full size photo is posted below, along with a picture of the building as it looks today.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Medal Ribbons   Polish Medal Ribbons  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks for posting the full photo and location
    Jo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2