Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Polish Military Cemeteries

Article about: from my recent visit to Powązki Military Cemetery and The Warsaw Rising Museum may be of some interest to you guys. Enjoy. Best, Kosa

?

Hello Everyone

It's been four months to see what's going on at the National Remembrance Site...

Las Bacieczkowski-Bia?ystok. | dobroni.pl

Best wishes

Artur

?

Hello DEAR Andrzejku

Is it possible to identify the polish pilot:
    cpt.PSZ;pilot:PRAJS Eugeniusz born 1919.

THANK YOU

Best wishes

Artur

Hello Artur,

With reference to your last post Re : Eugeniusz Edmund Prajs, Service Number : 704939, Born : 11th October 1919 in Władykaukaz in Russia during the war Rank : Flight Sergeant Pilot : Sierżant, awarded the ML. Died in Białystok, Poland on the 16th January 2001.

Unfortunately No further details listed for him Artur.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Hello Everyone

Read it...!!!:

Anglia. Zdewastowane polskie groby. To nie wandale

ZGROZA...what can wind...

Best wishes

Artur

Hello Artur,

What the article did not include was the following photographs showing the tree after it had been brought down by high winds :

Double click to enlarge in a new page

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Quote by kosa View Post
    Hello to a brand new year

OT but may be of some interest to readers of this thread. I’ve been working on posthumous promotion of the brave girl Katarzyna (see post #3) who was posthumously awarded the Cross of Valour on the 2nd of October 1944.
    She is a heroine of the 1944 Warsaw Uprising and she deserves proper commemoration after decades of neglect and oblivion. I will keep you updated. Keep your fingers crossed.

Wishing all Warrelics memebers and friends a blessed New Year full of peace, prosperity and health. Happy New Year!

Kosa
    Hello everyone,

I owe you a short update on my project. Well, Ministry of National Defence Republic of Poland sent an official proposal for posthumous promotion of Katrzyna to the President of Republic of Poland on the 7th of May 2019. She'll be promoted to a second lieutenant It was not an easy assignment. It took me almost 2 years but I've never given up hope.

Cant wait for the President to sign the proposal. I’ll keep you updated.

Cheers
    Kosa

?

Quote by kosa View Post
    Hello everyone,

I owe you a short update on my project. Well, Ministry of National Defence Republic of Poland sent an official proposal for posthumous promotion of Katrzyna to the President of Republic of Poland on the 7th of May 2019. She'll be promoted to a second lieutenant It was not an easy assignment. It took me almost 2 years but I've never given up hope.

Cant wait for the President to sign the proposal. I’ll keep you updated.

Cheers
    Kosa
    Hello everyone,

I got a phone call from Warsaw Military Command in late July that by the decision of President Andrzej Duda, Katarzyna Borowinska was posthumously promoted to the rank of Second Lieutenant.

Her commission should be handed over to the Warsaw Uprising Museum in Warsaw. I will post a photo of her commission when I get a copy of it.

Cheers,
    Kosa

?

Quote by kosa View Post
    Hello everyone,

I got a phone call from Warsaw Military Command in late July that by the decision of President Andrzej Duda, Katarzyna Borowinska was posthumously promoted to the rank of Second Lieutenant.

Her commission should be handed over to the Warsaw Uprising Museum in Warsaw. I will post a photo of her commission when I get a copy of it.

Cheers,
    Kosa
    Hello everyone,

For your viewing pleasure I am posting Katarzyna's commission. I am posting a copy of the decision of President Andrzej Duda as well.

Honour and glory to the heroes of the 1944 Warsaw Uprising

Best,
    Kosa

?

There's a recording about Katarzyna on Polish Radio Zachód. The recording is in Polish. Click the link below if you wish to listen to it. I hope you will enjoy it.

Best,
    Kosa

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast