Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

POlish Monte Cassino Cross Number 19511

Article about: Hi There I wonder if anyone can give me any imformation on a Monte Cassino cross numbered 19511. I have just purchased (perhaps foolishly !) from ebay and gone through various threads to try

?

Default POlish Monte Cassino Cross Number 19511

Hi There

I wonder if anyone can give me any imformation on a Monte Cassino cross numbered 19511. I have just purchased (perhaps foolishly !) from ebay and gone through various threads to try and ascertain authenticity. That said seller advises that the medal belonged to his step father and is able to provide me with a copy photograph of the recipeint wearing the medal and name details.
    Can anyone give me details oh how to research or any tips before cash is exchanged. Many thanks

Default Re: POlish Monte Cassino Cross Number 19511

Hello Wazza and welcome to the forum. I’m moving your question over to the correct forum for the Monte Cassino cross where you stand a better chance at getting the answer you seek.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by Wazza View Post
    . . . Can anyone give me details oh how to research or any tips before cash is exchanged. Many thanks
    Please post the pictures you have. We may be able to give you an indication of authenticity after seeing them.

The bogus crosses out there are identifiable by the type of materials used, details such as number font, the serial number itself, the thickness of the cross, finish, ribbon / suspension ring types, etc)

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Please post the pictures you have. We may be able to give you an indication of authenticity after seeing them.

The bogus crosses out there are identifiable by the type of materials used, details such as number font, the serial number itself, the thickness of the cross, finish, ribbon / suspension ring types, etc)

Regards,
    Tony
    Hi Tony

Many thnaks for the response and for pointing me in the right direction (new to this so hopefully will pick up quickly). I have just bit the bullet and paid for the cross, so once it arfrives in the next day or two will share some pictures with you. Provenance sounds ok and the guy is now selling me a n original photo withy the guys appenetly wearing the medalas is his step father (?). From the pictires posted, figures look to be in line with the genuine style and the number (19511) would not appear to be one of those readily replicated. Oncar again many thnaks for your help and hopefully 'speak' soon. Kind Regards

Hi again - while looking over my closed ebay auction listings this morning I spotted the cross you purchased. The auction was flagged for observation when looking over listings last weekend, but I didn’t clue in until now that this is cross 19511. The seller also listed a nice looking Cross of Valour, likely also awarded to the same soldier. Happy to say that the cross looks to be genuine, and on its original issue ribbon. Lady luck was smiling on you this time. You should press the seller to hunt for any paperwork as finding the award document would be a real bonus.

Cheers,
    Tony

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi again - while looking over my closed ebay auction listings this morning I spotted the cross you purchased. The auction was flagged for observation when looking over listings last weekend, but I didn’t clue in until now that this is cross 19511. The seller also listed a nice looking Cross of Valour, likely also awarded to the same soldier. Happy to say that the cross looks to be genuine, and on its original issue ribbon. Lady luck was smiling on you this time. You should press the seller to hunt for any paperwork as finding the award document would be a real bonus.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Tony

Many thanks for the re-assurance. The guy is sending me the oroginal photo and name details of the recipient so would be good to try and track a bit of providence etc. Once again many thnaks for your help,,,really appreciated. Cheers Warren

Warren, you’re most welcome. And good for you to pursue any and all information that the seller can offer. Keep this provenance with the cross as is will enhance the value and more imprtantly preserve the history.

Cheers,
    Tony