Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Polish Navy Petty Officer Uniform

Article about: Hello guys, I would be very thankful for your assessment of the Polish Navy Petty Officer (Bosman) Uniform which I have recently acquired. I have doubts mostly about the Hat Eagle.

?

Default Polish Navy Petty Officer Uniform

Hello guys, I would be very thankful for your assessment of the Polish Navy Petty Officer (Bosman) Uniform which I have recently acquired. I have doubts mostly about the Hat Eagle.

Polish Navy Petty Officer UniformPolish Navy Petty Officer Uniform
    Polish Navy Petty Officer UniformPolish Navy Petty Officer UniformPolish Navy Petty Officer UniformPolish Navy Petty Officer UniformPolish Navy Petty Officer Uniform
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Navy Petty Officer Uniform  

Hi Esco, the eagle is definitely suspect. Some problematic details. The anchor details appears soft.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Navy Petty Officer Uniform  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Thank you Tony. Can you please post also a picture of the reverse of your original eagle?

Only if you post a picture of the back of your eagle

I’m away from my photo archives at the moment so will need to post later today or tomorrow.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

I had to be brutal and use some serious tools... It seems the eagle was there for quite bit of time.

The badge looks much better in these pics. The anchor appears to be a slightly different type than those most commonly found on these. But overall, I'm more comfortable with it.

From where did you obtain this uniform set?

Regards,
    Tony

?

I bought it on ebay from Polish collector -> who bought it from American collector in 2010 -> who bought it in England from first hand.

So what is your final opinion on this set?

Sorry I haven’t had the time to post the pictures of the eagle. Will strive to do soon.. As far as authenticating this set, it’s not possible from photos alone. I would need to do a hands-on inspection. But truth be told, while I have handled countless period uniforms, the navy items could be counted on one hand. Very scarce, and as such I am certainly no expert with them.

Regards,
    Tony

?

A.J. anytime you'll be visiting Warsaw please let me know and we can inspect together... few glasses of good scotch.

Invitation accepted! But something tells me that wódka is a better match for Warsaw than scotch.

Cheers,
    Tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast