Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Polish Para badge: help please guys?

Article about: Does anyone own a original Cichociemni wing? Can you post it please? Thanks

Default Polish Para badge: help please guys?

Ok, Any one have an opinion on this? legit or not? bit sceptical myself from what I've read, what does every one else think?

Cheers guys

Mark P.

pjm
    ?

Default re: Polish Para badge: help please guys?

It's a very rare exile Paratrooper badge and there are many more fakes around than originals. My first impression on this one is not good but it's been a while since I've had one myself. Get second, third and fourth opinions.

?

Interesting !

I know that recently there has been some very very close copies being made in Poland, and also people are starting to wise up to the basic mistakes made with the copy wings.

Anyhow, the set in question !

The wing itself is the "Kirkwood" style of wing .. BUT there are two things I'm worried about.
    1) The numbering on the back is the wrong style / font for a Kirkwood wing, and one of the numbers used is the wrong styletype for the numbers used on the GR-TECH type wing.
    2) The spinner stud does not seem to enter the back of the wing cleanly - as if it's either been soldered on, or friction welded.

IMO ... The wing is a damn good copy !!!!

Gary J.

?

A few from the nest ....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Para badge: help please guys?  

3mk
    ?

Thats a nice badge!!!
    The engraving on the back is great

Did all badges have that??

?

Ok .. some examples that you might see being touted .
    ........ Good ? ...... Bad ?

For once ...... Lets see what people think !

This will give you an idea of what you are up against in the market place !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Para badge: help please guys?  

Thanks for the input guys,

Gary, Met you at Spanhoe in September, doing Polish as it happens, first impressions on the look if you remember it?

I suppose its a little bit easier to spot a fake when you know your fathers is legit! Hoping not to get burned the first time round, especially as they aren't the cheapest of things if you can find them. I assume you've hoovered up all of the militaria in the Peterborough area!

The one posted was listed at £125 which I thought was too good to be true!

Cheers

?

Hello again Mark,
    To tell you the truth, I think I have seen this wing before, .. and I had to really think about the "for and against" concerning it then.

With the wings .. basically, they are either right or wrong.
    This sounds simple, .. but it has taken a lot of time and close viewing of quite a few to determine the basic guide lines which I have never seen broken on any original wing.

Again, the main thing against this wing, is the totally incorrect type of font (in style and in size) used on a Kirkwood specimine.
    The "copiers" of the wings have not been able to crack the correct fonts for the numbers, .. and the style .. subsequently, even on the best copies fall at the last hurdle.

As for obtaining originals .. well, .. about 10 years back, I hunted down worldwide any wings that were loose, .. and paid the going rate for them then .. maybe crazy at the time ... but there you go ..

In the last few years, the interest in the wings has gone overboard, and has priced me out of the market.
    In saying that, I have only seen one geniune "combat" (Field Parachute Badge) come up for sale, ... and that was snatched from the buyer in double quick time.

Gary J.

Richardb
    ?

I have a Polish Eagle which I got from my father who was a paratrooper during WWII, so I assume it's good. He also had an Eagle with two swords and "Tobruk" under the Eagle, does anyone know anything about it?

?

Richard,
    The "Tobruk" badge is the Breast badge for the 3rd Carpathian Rifle Brigade.
    These badges were issue to Polish troops of the 3rd Carpathians who were involved with the defence of Tobruk.
    The Badge should be numbered on the back.

.. If you PM me, I will check out your father's paratrooper details for you.

Regards

Gary J.

Quote by Richardb View Post
    I have a Polish Eagle which I got from my father who was a paratrooper during WWII, so I assume it's good. He also had an Eagle with two swords and "Tobruk" under the Eagle, does anyone know anything about it?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast