MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Polish Para badge: help please guys?

Article about: Does anyone own a original Cichociemni wing? Can you post it please? Thanks

3mk
    ?

Default re: Polish Para badge: help please guys?

Does anyone own a original Cichociemni wing?
    Can you post it please?
    Thanks

?

The Cichociemni wing is exactly the same as the ordinary and field parachute badge.
    The addition of the PW in the wreath was unofficial and didn't really appear until around 1954, when some copy wings were manufactured for one of the Paratroopers reunions.

Gary J.

3mk
    ?

Thanks!I always thought they were different.
    Thanks again

Gary,
    Tobruk badge is for Independent Carpathian Rifles Brigade (SBSK).

3rd Carpathian Rifles Division (3 DSK) was created later from SBSK. Divisional badge has a miniature of SBSK badge.

But I am sure that a pic of the badge will solve the problem!
    :-)

Greetings
    Rafal

Quote by Gary J View Post
    Richard,
    The "Tobruk" badge is the Breast badge for the 3rd Carpathian Rifle Brigade.
    These badges were issue to Polish troops of the 3rd Carpathians who were involved with the defence of Tobruk.
    The Badge should be numbered on the back.

.. If you PM me, I will check out your father's paratrooper details for you.

Regards

Gary J.

I have to add something in this matter.
    I heard about 2 examples of Cichociemni when PW letters were added to wreath of combat para badge by them!
    It took place right after the war.
    Maybe it was an impulse to issue separate badge in 1954 (as commemorative of course)?

These made in 1954 were one piece badges.
    I have no pics of this badge but have a trace which I want to check.

I personnaly had an honour to know one Cichociemny - Julian Piotrowski - "Rewera"

He was a soldier of Carpathian Rifles Brigade (Cross of Valour for Tobruk!), "Silent and Unseen", Warsaw Uprising participant.
    He died in May 2008 ...

?

Julian Piotrowski
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Para badge: help please guys?  

Julian Piotrowski in uniform:

And from last years in Poland:

Nice to see a Cichociemny who managed to get his wreath!

Quote by rsunday View Post
    I . . . I personnaly had an honour to know one Cichociemny - Julian Piotrowski - "Rewera"

He was a soldier of Carpathian Rifles Brigade (Cross of Valour for Tobruk!), "Silent and Unseen", Warsaw Uprising participant.
    He died in May 2008 ...
    That must have been a great honour! The Cichociemni were truly great men in a league of their own. Their courage and dedication are without parallel.

I highly recommend the English language account “The Unseen and Silent - Adventures from the Underground Movement narrated by Paratroops of the Polish Home Army” (translated by George Iranek-Osmecki; Sheed and Ward London 1954). With a forward by General Anders, this is one of those books that you will have trouble tearing yourself away from once you start reading it. It contains numerous riveting accounts of just what these brave men endured.

Regards,
    Tony

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast