Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Polish Para Badges

Article about: Good afternoon, I have just found the forum but have been collecting militaria for many years now. I wanted to post a picture of two para wings that I purchased about 7 years ago from a very

Hello and welcome. Please provide both numbers or better yet, post pictures if possible.

Thanks in advance,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Default Polish para wings

Polish Para BadgesPolish Para Badges[ATTTACHCONFIG]1095074[/ATTACH]
    Hi there and thanks for the reply! Been trying in vain to find out as much as I can about my late grandfather Zygmunt Bieniek, I have tried to upload some photos of the wings, other medals and him! In case you can't see the numbers they are 1006 on inside wing and 1164 on wreath. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks again in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Para Badges  

Erm, sorry 1194 on wreath! Cheers

Hello again, thanks for the photos. The Lorys reference "History of the Polish Parachute Badge" has the following entry about your grandfather.

"Plut" = rank of Lance-Sergeant; 1.Korp = Military Unit 1st Corps; MG = participated in Operation Market Garden.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Hello Bennett74,

May I also welcome you to the Forum, in Kpt Jan Lorys History of the Polish Parachute Badge your Grandfather is listed as a Plutonowy (Lance Sergeant).

From the history he is listed as a Kapral (Corporal) when he jumped at Arnhem, he was listed in Signals Company under the command of Kpt. Jozef Burzawa.

I hope that the above information is of some use and help to you Bennett74.

Your next port of call would be to contact the British Ministry of Defence and obtain his service record, be sure to ask for copies of everything that they hold, otherwise you will just receive a one or 2 page letter briefly detailing his service.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/request-...vice-personnel

If you click on the link above it will take you there, be aware that they now charge for this service and you would have to provide photocopies of the documents they require.

Once again Welcome to the Forum

Best wishes

Andrzej

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    . . . he was listed in Signals Company under the command of Kpt. Jozef Burzawa. . . .
    To add to Andrzej's post, the round badge visible beneath the Parachute Badge is the Signals Badge:

Cheers,
    Tony

Default Polish para wings

Unbelievable! Thank you so much Tony and Andrzej, amazing what you can find out with the proper people involved and I wish he had kept that signals badge also! I take it the Gr. Tech London wings are the first ones issued, followed by the Edinburgh made ones?? Also, Andrzej, how can you know he made corporal? Is the history you refer to coming from the same book Tony matched the numbers from, if so is there any more information in there? Would love to know! Tried to source that book online and at the library but turns out it's as rare as rocking horse s#!t! Again thanks and I'll try the link, see what happens!! Cheers guys, Paul.

Default Polish signals badge

A slightly better image of that badge, cheersPolish Para Badges

Hello Paul,

Many thanks for your post, the book the History of the Polish Parachute Badge by Kapitan Jan Lorys published in September 1993 by the PISM isbn : 0902508202, you should be able to go along to your local library and see if they have a copy or can get hold of a copy from their stock. This book lists the recipients after they received the Combat Jump Wreath so by then your Grandfather had been promoted, this should be in his service record.

The other book that I referred to was a history of the Brigade printed in the 1980's from which I photocopied the list of individuals in their respective units at the time of the Arnhem jump, when your Grandfather was a Kapral (Corporal).

Apologies for not remembering the title etc.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Nice clean original grouping.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast