Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Polish Para wing with jump wreath

Article about: Hi Guys, this wing resides in the collection of the British Army's Intelligence Corps Musuem. I had the pleasure of having a private behind the scenes visit there. I tried to fool Gary with

?

Default Re: Polish Para wing with jump wreath

The eagle looks to be lacking some detail, and the actual finish is unusual ..... basically a copy.

Gary J.

Thank you Gary for your point of vue !
    Ze-Pole

Quote by Gary J View Post
    Wing Number 325 falling into the Cichociemni /SOE set of numbers.
    Hi Gary,

Is there a published table of cichociemni /SOE wings awarded with names and numbers?

Wing number 3078 was awarded to c.c. kpr. pchor. Bernard ' Maruda' Wiechula so am unclear how this fits into the 325 set of numbers you mention?

On his legitymacia what would "rozkazem dz. 95/43" and "rozkazem L.dz. 2920/O.S./44" mean? I get the year end.

Bernard had a twin brother Ludwick who also trained as a cichociemni and fought alongside Bernard in Kielce, would you have Ludwick's wing number in one of your para refernce works?

Brgds
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

There is (or was) a publication by J.J.Lorys called Materialy Number 9 which lists the recipients of the parachute badge.
    The book has been out of print for some time now, and has grown harder to find as time passes ...

Bernard ' Maruda' Wiechula ... wing number 3078 wreath number 1461
    Ludwik I. Wiechula ... wing number 3080 wreath number 2032

Cichociemni wing numbers seem to be a mix ... it looks like in the majority of cases, they were just issued with the next number available, even though in theory there was a specific allocation of numbers to the "General Staff"...

Also, the numbers off the legit cert I believe are the parachute training course details.

Gary J.

Quote by Gary J View Post
    There is (or was) a publication by J.J.Lorys called Materialy Number 9 which lists the recipients of the parachute badge.
    The book has been out of print for some time now, and has grown harder to find as time passes ...

Bernard ' Maruda' Wiechula ... wing number 3078 wreath number 1461
    Ludwik I. Wiechula ... wing number 3080 wreath number 2032

Cichociemni wing numbers seem to be a mix ... it looks like in the majority of cases, they were just issued with the next number available, even though in theory there was a specific allocation of numbers to the "General Staff"...

Also, the numbers off the legit cert I believe are the parachute training course details.

Gary J.
    Thanks Gary much appreciated. Will try and track down a copy of the publication as I would like to compile a table of all the numbers (wing and wreath) associated with cichociemni in one reference table

?

Quote by 4thskorpion
    On his legitymacia what would "rozkazem dz. 95/43" and "rozkazem L.dz. 2920/O.S./44" mean? I get the year end.
    Quote by Gary J
    The phrases quoted by 4thskorpion are direct relations to specific orders, that were issued to bestow these decorations. Eg. rozkazem dz. 95/43 should be read more or less as by the daily order number 95/43.
    I'm not an expert in English military terms, but I hope you get the point.

Regards
    MJU

Quote by Jung View Post
    rozkazem dz. 95/43 should be read more or less as by the daily order number 95/43.
    I'm not an expert in English military terms, but I hope you get the point.
    Many thanks Jung.
    "Orders of the Day No. 95/43 " is perfect

cdl5678
    ?

Hello, I was recently awarded Polish Airborne Wings, however the wings that were presented were a low quality American knock off. They are the standard basic modern wings with wreath and the number "7". I am interested in finding a high quality set but unfortunately I keep running into dead ends as there appears to only be two US manufacturers of the wings. One set is of criminally poor quality with pitted metal and the other, while very high quality with crisp detail have had the wings modified slightly and obviously are not what are actually issued to Polish Paratroopers. I know this thread mainly deals with WWII variants of the wings but any help in locating a manufacturer of modern wings actually issued to Polish Paratroopers would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Gents,

Adding to great article, if you don't mind, I proudly have numbered Polish combat wreath, No. 1739, Is there anyone on the forum will be able to help to find out who received it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Para wing with jump wreath   Polish Para wing with jump wreath  

Hello Alex,

I have also gone through Kpt Jan Lorys History of the Polish Parachute Badge, I have found no one with a Combat Wreath Numbered 1739.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast