Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Polish Para wing with jump wreath

Article about: Hi Guys, this wing resides in the collection of the British Army's Intelligence Corps Musuem. I had the pleasure of having a private behind the scenes visit there. I tried to fool Gary with

Default Re: Polish Para wing with jump wreath

Looks like someone might get pulled into this one.... POLAND WW2 NICE PARA AIRBORNE BADGE WINGS serial # make on eBay (end time 06-Nov-09 19:36:24 GMT)

Bids are climbing already, as a novice, and having you guys around, i'd say fake?

for a start the numbers don't match, and it seems to be one piece?

Any more obvious points?

Hi Mark,

My understanding is not so much a fake as a commemorative or souvenir re-issue of sorts from maybe a decade or two ago. These have been floating about the market place for a long time and occasionally are held up as genuine WW2 issue both innocently and also by those out to dupe the unsuspecting. They came with a modern version of the Kirkwood & Sons marked spinner. Gary knows the full story on these, so please stay tuned . . .

Regards,
    T.

?

I'm pretty certain these were comissioned as a representitive piece, and were on sale at the Hartenstein a few years back.
    No doubt, a few people have taken advantage of the point they have kirkwood markings, and try to pass them off as good.

Gary J.

fair enough, will keep it in mind, Does that mean that the mis-numbering was done on purpose or just numbers picked from a hat lol?

?

Actually, the numbers used on these copies, are all non issue numbers .. which backs up the Kirkwood connection, as Kirkwood most probably have still a written record of the number sequences.
    They have been careful NOT to use issued wing and wreath numbers.

Gary J.

I have it as badge 0126 being issued to a Jan Wilhelm HORL? who was never issued a combat wreath?

Mark,
    Could you post any pics?
    Rafal

here are same pics
    mariusz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Para wing with jump wreath   Polish Para wing with jump wreath  

Polish Para wing with jump wreath   Polish Para wing with jump wreath  

Any one knows more about wings i have posted?
    mariusz

?

Mariusz,
    Could you post a picture of the back of the wing, ... and also what number is stamped into it ?

Regards

Gary J.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast