Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Polish Para wing with jump wreath

Article about: Hi Guys, this wing resides in the collection of the British Army's Intelligence Corps Musuem. I had the pleasure of having a private behind the scenes visit there. I tried to fool Gary with

?

Default Re: Polish Para wing with jump wreath

Mariusz,
    If the badge is 1137, ... then it would have been issued to
    Kpr. Andrzej Smakowski.
    This badge would have been an early "Gr-Tech" issue.

Gary J.

i did not see that number before i just found LEGITYMACJA with same No 692/1137. what is first 3 numbers 692/1137? legitymacja was given to him in 10.II.1942.
    How did you know he was Kpr. Andrzej Smakowski?
    mariusz

Here are pictures.
    mariusz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Para wing with jump wreath   Polish Para wing with jump wreath  

Polish Para wing with jump wreath  

?

Mariusz,
    It's down to seeing many Legitymacja's ... and having some very good reference material !!!

Also, the Legitymacja should be signed on the inside by Major General Sosabowski !

I'm not too sure as to what the first set of numbers mean, .... they might be the number given to the soldier when he started the parachute training course ?
    So Andrezj might have been the 692nd soldier to attend the parachute course .. I'm not 100% sure though.

Regards

Gary J.

Quote by Mariusz View Post
    i did not see that number before i just found LEGITYMACJA with same No 692/1137. what is first 3 numbers 692/1137? legitymacja was given to him in 10.II.1942.
    How did you know he was Kpr. Andrzej Smakowski?
    mariusz

?

Here's two "Field Parachute Badge" issue Legitmacja's ..

Gary J.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Para wing with jump wreath  

my is typed, blue stamp is different, and im missing black stamp. i dont know if sinister is same.
    mariusz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Para wing with jump wreath   Polish Para wing with jump wreath  

mariusz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Para wing with jump wreath  

Hello,
    Mariusz, it is very nice set! Gary is right that you should search more in archives about this person. His duty may be exiting ...

Concerning numbers on Para Badge ID cards (LEGITYMACJA):
    If you meet 2 numbers on ID card - lower always indicates next number of ID card, higher is number of ordinary Para Badge.

Not all ID cards issued in 1st Para Brigade were signed by Gen. Sosabowski. I have one dated 1943 signed by Col. Kaminski (deputy).

First para badges were issued by 1st Polish Corps HQ and mainly signed by Gen. Duch. (It doesn't concern badges awarded by C-in-C).
    Later badges were being awarded by 1st Para Bde Commander and finally by Commander of 1st Para Brigade's Para Depot - Maj Malaszkiewicz.

Greetings
    Rafal

Sue Klauber
    ?

Default Re: Interesting wings

To Gary

I joined this site because you have pictures and a medal for my uncle, George Klauber! I have been researching his war record for the last year and came across your posting. I wondered where you got them and if you would be interested in parting with them? they are very important to our family. George died in 1969 and told us nothing about his exploits.

thank you very much
    Sue Klauber

Hello Gary and other members !
    This badge has been found in France, in a polish family.
    How do you explain that this insignia has no number ?

Thank you in advance. I simply hope that the answer has not been yet written on the forum… I would be really sorry !
    Ze-Pole

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast