Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

POLISH PARA WINGS number ..ID ..can you help please ??

Article about: Hi all Just picked up a Polish Paratroopers grouping ,found in a house clearance in a tin and then sold to me !! If any one ,could be so kind to check the roll and let me know who he was ,id

Default POLISH PARA WINGS number ..ID ..can you help please ??

Hi all
    Just picked up a Polish Paratroopers grouping ,found in a house clearance in a tin and then sold to me !!
    If any one ,could be so kind to check the roll and let me know who he was ,id be very greatful....

jump wings 1363
    combat wreath 1234

enclose a few pics
    many thanks
    stevePOLISH PARA WINGS number ..ID ..can you help please ??POLISH PARA WINGS number ..ID ..can you help please ??POLISH PARA WINGS number ..ID ..can you help please ??POLISH PARA WINGS number ..ID ..can you help please ??POLISH PARA WINGS number ..ID ..can you help please ??POLISH PARA WINGS number ..ID ..can you help please ??

Default Re: POLISH PARA WINGS number ..ID ..can you help please ??

Ppor (Lieutenant) Czeslaw Smulczynski.

Hi,
    Thank you !! that was quick ! ;-)
    do you or anyone else have any info on him ,did he jump during market Garden operations ??
    Any idea how i could get hold of his service papers ??
    Thanks again
    Steve

?

HQ Company. of 2nd Battalion
    Jumped at Driel (Arnhem) from Aircraft chalk no. 44. 21st September 1944.

Gary J.

(A very nice grouping Steve )

Very nice indeed.

Welcome to the forum!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Steve,

And welcome to the Forum, I just thought that you might like to know that Ppor Czeslaw Smulczynski was awarded the KW for the Battle of Arnhem, you should write a Letter to the Polish Institute and General Sikorski Museum in London asking if they have a copy of his award Citation or any information pertaining to him. Be patient it could take upto 6 months to recieve a reply and because the Institutes Archives are run on a Voluntary Basis they might ask for a donation.

Also would I be correct in thinking that he might have lived in Leicester, Because I have found 2 Marriages for a Czeslaw W Smulczynski the 1st to a Danuta Z Zasucha in the 2nd Quarter of 1950, Danuta Smulczynska died in the 4th Quarter of 1980 aged 56 (Date of Birth: 11th May 1924), the 2nd Marriage was to a Anna Wieczorek in July 1984.

Also Czeslaw W Smulczynski died in the Leicester Royal Infirmary of the 25th May 2009.

I hope that the above information helps a little

Best wishes

Andrzejku

?

Unfortunately, I believe that Smulczynski's KW citation is one of the missing ones at the PISM..

Gary J.

Hi ,
    Thank you all ,very happy to have this grouping ,it appears he was also awarded the croix de guerre ??? not sure of the date oif award yet !! very pleased its an Arnhem group !! and to an Officer !!! Thank you for all the advice and i will post anything that i find on him .
    Yes he was from Leicester ,and i believe now lays at peace at Coventry Cemetry.
    Best wishes all
    Steve

?

I have contacted an officer I know from the 2nd Battalion .. who is 92 !!! .. to see if he remembers anything about Smulczynski.
    This might take a few days ..

Gary J.

That Amazing Garry !!!!! this is certainly turning out to be a lovely and fascinating find !!
    Thanks again
    Steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast