Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Parachute Eagle name?

Article about: Hello all. I am having a tough time finding the reference for looking up ww2 polish paratrooper numbers from the reverse of the badge. I have a badge that was acquired many years ago from a

Default Polish Para Eagle. Genuine?

I have a badge that was acquired many years ago from a person that stated that it was featured in a book on the subject. Can anyone help point me in the right direction on its authenticity, etc.? No wreath, number 429. Photos below.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Parachute Eagle name?   Polish Parachute Eagle name?  

Polish Parachute Eagle name?  
    Last edited by BlueBadger; 04-23-2016 at 08:45 AM. Reason: fixing photos

Hello BlueBadger,

Materialy Nr 9 Published by the PISM details the history of the Polish Parachute Badge by Kpt Jan Lorys, published in 1993 ISBN : 0902508202.

Unfortunately Badges Numbered 0330-0500 were never awarded.

One of the other Forum members will be able to provide more information on this than I can, unfortunately not my area of expertise.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Thank you very much for the reference information. I now have it saved for future reference. These wings appear to have been worn, but I may be wrong. Does unissued mean that they are fake?
    Last edited by BlueBadger; 04-23-2016 at 08:48 AM.

Any further comments or thoughts appreciated.

?

Hello Bluebadger ..

No ... the wing is not fake ... it is a contemporary piece that was never issued ....
    The only other thing I can say, is that the spinner nut is not the original to the badge ... it should have been a Kirkwood & Sons. Edinburgh.

Regards

Gary J.

Confirm,
    And the badge is late war or even post WW2 production.
    Genuin and legit item.
    Unissued mean that was not used :-)
    It comes from 1st group of numbers (0001-0500) allocated for "Polish SOE".

Quote by rsunday View Post
    Confirm,
    And the badge is late war or even post WW2 production.
    Genuin and legit item.
    Unissued mean that was not used :-)
    It comes from 1st group of numbers (0001-0500) allocated for "Polish SOE".
    Thank you for the clarification. What would one of this type typically be worth on the open market? I am contemplating selling it, but have no idea of a fair price to set.

Regards, Jeff

Quote by BlueBadger View Post
    Thank you for the clarification. What would one of this type typically be worth on the open market? I am contemplating selling it, but have no idea of a fair price to set.

Regards, Jeff
    Hi,
    The final price for such a badge may reach approx. 900-1000 USD.
    But also more or less.

Greetings
    Rafal