Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Polish Paras photos. Different colour of berets.

Article about: Gents, I would like to share with you some evidence suggest of existing diffrent colour of Polish Paras beret during WW2 (other than grey and green/grey), Which I found. Please find attached

Maybe the collar patches are not para? The photo is not clear.
    As I remember infantry bns from 1st Armoured Div. had same shape infantry patches for BD.

Without knowing the other soldiers names we can only speculate.

However, during my Army time If I saw someone wearing unauthorized Para badge I would make them take it off.

So if the others knew Ignacy Pelc was wearing a Badge that he did not earn, and the other soldiers that went through Polish Parachute School, and are wearing Para badges said nothing then a conclusion is clear ........

What is interesting on portrait photo of Pelc - his para collar patch is very strange ...

Yes, looks like a British insignia....

One more thing to remember: This is Italy 1944, there is a War on, MP's have better things to do than check for unauthorized insignia.....
    In England one would get caught fairly quick....

Rather hand-made?

Again, Thank you for your comments. I agree with Krakow1, without knowing the other soldiers we can only speculate.., also in my humble opinion it was impossible to wear the Para badge without authorization, in that circumstance; if others knew Ignacy Pelc (group photo), and just to remind, we have portrait photo as well. I know this is still speculation. I hope more evidence will be revealed (somehow) Thank you.

Regards
    Alex

Polish Paras photos. Different colour of berets.Polish Paras photos. Different colour of berets.

As far as wearing of the Para Badge without authorization :

General Sosabowski addresses that problem in 1943, this is from " Materialy ... " by Captain Lorys.

Quote by Krakow1 View Post
    Polish Paras photos. Different colour of berets.Polish Paras photos. Different colour of berets.

As far as wearing of the Para Badge without authorization :

General Sosabowski addresses that problem in 1943, this is from " Materialy ... " by Captain Lorys.
    Krakow1, Thank you for the document, very interesting.

Regards
    A.S.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2