Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish pilot badge question?

Article about: Hello everyone, I opened this tread I have to absolutely remove this doubt. I bought long ago by these two vendors divesi polish pilot badge, but some time ago I began to hear about good rep

sognatore03
    ?

Default Polish pilot badge question?

Hello everyone, I opened this tread I have to absolutely remove this doubt.
    I bought long ago by these two vendors divesi polish pilot badge, but some time ago I began to hear about good reproductions and watching the total absence of signs of wear makes me so many doubts.
    please give me your own opinion
    Thank you.
    sorry for my bad inglish.

Default Re: Polish pilot badge question?

Hello and welcome to the forum. No problem at all understanding your question. Some consider these fresh looking Gaunt & Son badges as unissued originals, while others feel they are re-strikes. Some hold the position that the re-strikes are those that have a pronounced die break flaw in them (especially in the case of the observer/navigator version) where dies that were supposedly destroyed after production ceased were recovered, repaired and reused. I can't help but doubt that these are ‘copies’ in the classic sense. They remain relatively common on the market and I’m looking forward to the day when the questions that shroud these badges are conclusively answered.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Last edited by A.J. Zawadzki; 04-14-2013 at 07:02 AM. Reason: grammar
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Also, spinners look to be correct Gaunt types, (sometimes not well centred).

Gary J.

sognatore03
    ?

many tanks