Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Polish RAF medal and ID

Article about: Good day Gentlemen This is my first post so please be gentle. What do you think of these medals and ID attributed to a Fl.Sgt Wlodzimierz Stefan Chmielek for sale on ebay? Many thanks james

Default Polish RAF medal and ID

Good day Gentlemen

This is my first post so please be gentle.

What do you think of these medals and ID attributed to a Fl.Sgt Wlodzimierz Stefan Chmielek for sale on ebay?

Many thanks

james
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish RAF medal and ID  Polish RAF medal and ID 

?

Default Re: Polish RAF medal and ID

Hello James, and welcome aboard !

The medal group very basic, and possibly might have been collected together to match the combatants association pass book.

Cheers

Gary J.

One thing of note, is his Italy Star ... I wonder if he was based at Brindisi at some point ?

Hi James, welcome to the forum!

Like Gary says, it is impossible without extra documentation, to confirm if this group is original or not? If it is cheap enough and the price does not exceed the sum of the parts, it is worth a risk I suppose.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi James and thanks for your post. Further to Gary’s comment, in many cases such groups ‘built’ around a single document are just that - assembled. One little bit of evidence suggesting this possibility is that the Polish Air Force medal is not an original issue. The original medals did not have the ‘checkerboard’ insignia on the obverse side enameled.

Thanks again for your post. And don’t worry, we’re here to help – not bite! Please continue to post your questions regarding any other Polish militaria you are curious about.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

While I’m at it, here’s an example of a genuine issue Polish Air Force medal.

Cheers,
    T.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish RAF medal and ID   Polish RAF medal and ID  

Polish RAF medal and ID  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne