Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Polish rank bar?

Article about: Hello, I’ve been told this is a Polish ribbon bar, it was together with the 4 star patch which was found in a house clearance. I saw a similar patch described as a Polish rank bar on ebay th

?

Default Polish rank bar?

Hello,

I’ve been told this is a Polish ribbon bar, it was together with the 4 star patch which was found in a house clearance. I saw a similar patch described as a Polish rank bar on ebay the other day and was wondering if this piece is Polish too?.

Might the brass X's (Roman numeral 10) belong to the group or are they possibly something that just ended up in the same box?

Thanks
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish rank bar?   Polish rank bar?  

Polish rank bar?  

Hi Tony,

The ribbon bar is Polish. The three Roman numeral X’s over the Cross of Valour ribbon is unusual. The rank stars also could be Polish, and if the stitching along the bottom are evidence of it having once been applied then this would be a post war Russian occupation era rank of captain. The brass X’s are unfamiliar, so quite likely just mixed in with the lot.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Tony,

Thanks very much for the reply and confirmation about the ribbon bar. Perhaps a Captain who wore his ribbons in postwar Poland? I was hoping they'd be WWII period but never mind.

Thanks again
    Tony