Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 99 of 148 FirstFirst ... 49 89 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 109 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    super set!
    I wished i had one - that is what i can say!
    condgrats!
    I echo Artur's comments. A wonderful badge / documument set for this unit. So rarely seen. Congrats to you James from this corner as well.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Whilst I do not currently collect any Polish badges I think that will have to change after reading this thread. Some stunning designs out there, thanks everyone for showing them!

A fine example of a Picchiani & Barlacchi made 15th Poznań Lancers badge (15 Pułk Ułanów Poznańskich) recently sold on ebay. According to wadowicznic there were only about 200-250 of these badges pricued and issued, therefore easily qualifying it as a rarity. Congratulations to the auction winner.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Default artillery school badge

fortuitous find today
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Attached Images Attached Images Polish Regimental Badges WW2 

Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    fortuitous find today
    Congratulations. Very nice find of the 1945 version of the Artillery Reserve Officers' School badge. Quite a rare badge, and super to see that it has retained it original serial numbered nut.

Let me guess, another antique shop or flea market find?

Cheers,
    Tony

?

Default The 15th Poznan Lancers badge

Hi there,

As a matter of fact, there were 800 badges of the 15th Poznan Lancers made in Egypt in 1943 and 500 in Italy at the end of 1944.

Regards.
    Last edited by kosa; 10-27-2013 at 11:55 PM. Reason: typo

Hello Kosa,

Welcome to the forum. Thank you for this information. Production quantities of PSZnZ badges are of particular interest to me, and I'm sure most of our members. May I ask your source for this information?

Regards,
    Tony

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hello Kosa,

Welcome to the forum. Thank you for this information. Production quantities of PSZnZ badges are of particular interest to me, and I'm sure most of our members. May I ask your source for this information?

Regards,
    Tony
    Hello Tony,

The source is Monografia Znaku Pułkowego 15 Pułku Ułanow Poznańskich (1944-1947) by Marek Wroński. A very helpful publication. Far as I know it is the only monograph available.

Best

A fine example of a Picchiani & Barlacchi made 15th Poznań Lancers badge (15 Pułk Ułanów Poznańskich) recently sold on ebay. According to wadowicznic there were only about 200-250 of these badges pricued and issued, therefore easily qualifying it as a rarity. Congratulations to the auction winner.

Cheers,
    Tony
    A pretty fair price given the scarcity of this badge. Picchiani & Barlacchi made some of the finest Polish insignia IMO.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Congratulations. Very nice find of the 1945 version of the Artillery Reserve Officers' School badge. Quite a rare badge, and super to see that it has retained it original serial numbered nut.

Let me guess, another antique shop or flea market find?

Cheers,
    Tony
    a cavalier choice of phrase I'm afraid. fortuitous for the previous owner. I had to contribute to a new Beko washing machine.

Page 99 of 148 FirstFirst ... 49 89 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 109 ... LastLast