Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 101 of 148 FirstFirst ... 51 91 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1478

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

?

Quote by dastier View Post
    For a military badge that Grupa Saperów badge has an unique look. The 'B' flick 'Killdozer' came to mind.
    A very impressive badge. Below is the award document for the Grupa Saperów badge.

?

Default While on the Grupa Saperów badge

The model for the Warsaw Mermaid was Krystyna Krahelska. She was born on 24 March 1914 in Mazurki near Baranowicze, now Belarus. She was a Girl Scout, poet and AK soldier. Among many poems she wrote „Hej chłopcy, bagnet na broń”. Her brother Bohdan Krahelski was an RAF pilot.
    Krystyna Krahelska „Danuta” died on the second day of the Warsaw Uprising. A German sniper shot her three times while she was taking care of wounded soldiers of AK at Polna street in Mokotów on the 1st of August around 6 p.m. She died the next day. She was buried at Slużewiecki Cemetery in Warsaw on 9 April 1945.
    By the way, the sculptor of the Warsaw Mermaid Statue was professor Ludwika Kraskowska-Nitschowa. She attended Kristina's burial ceremony in Służewiec, Warsaw.

Wieczna Pamięć, Cześć i Chwała Bohaterom!

Quote by kosa View Post
    Hi there,

As a matter of fact, there were 800 badges of the 15th Poznan Lancers made in Egypt in 1943 and 500 in Italy at the end of 1944.

Regards.
    Hi guys,

According to my sources I can confirm the quantities of the 15th Poznan Lancers Badges made in Egipt and Italy mentioned by kosa.

Please find below some very interesting data from the monograph on the 15th Poznan Lancers Badge edited by Tadeusz Jeziorowski and published in 1997 (unfortunately for some of you published only in Polish):

Regards,
    Jacek

And below I am attaching another fragment from the mentioned above monograph on the 15th Poznan Lancers Badge edited by Tadeusz Jeziorowski:

As you can see, there are still some discrepancies and unsolved problems despite very detailed analysis of the historical materials.

Regards,
    Jacek

Quote by dastier View Post
    For a military badge that Grupa Saperów badge has an unique look. The 'B' flick 'Killdozer' came to mind.
    And this is my Sapper badge. The colour is showing through but it is a bit more brass coloured than the ones shown. Hope it's OK
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Hi jamest8,

Unfortunately your badge is a copy - it is of course only my opinion, but it looks like fakes presented by kosa and Tony. Please, look for example at the hairs of the mermaid, regular shape of her shield or leaves around the genuine badge - all aforementioned details are very distinct in the original badge.

Regards,
    Jacek

Quote by JacekMed View Post
    Hi jamest8,

Unfortunately your badge is a copy - it is of course only my opinion, but it looks like fakes presented by kosa and Tony. Please, look for example at the hairs of the mermaid, regular shape of her shield or leaves around the genuine badge - all aforementioned details are very distinct in the original badge.

Regards,
    Jacek
    Thanks Jacek - on comparing the photos it is obvious. Thanks for your comments.

Anyone got a spare Sapper badge?

All the best

James

?

Quote by jamest8 View Post
    And this is my Sapper badge. The colour is showing through but it is a bit more brass coloured than the ones shown. Hope it's OK
    Hi James,

It's not I'm afraid. At first glance, the badge lacks the Italian craftsmanship. The spinner is from the 2nd Polish Corps badge.

Best,

?

Default RE: 4th Wolyn Infantry Brigade badge

Can anyone tell me how many threads has the threaded post of the 4th Wolyn Infantry Brigade badge? Thanks

Quote by kosa View Post
    Can anyone tell me how many threads has the threaded post of the 4th Wolyn Infantry Brigade badge? Thanks
    Hi Kosa,

From this angle I count ten threads.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 101 of 148 FirstFirst ... 51 91 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 111 ... LastLast