Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 102 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1478

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi Kosa,

From this angle I count ten threads.

Attachment 593760

Regards,
    Tony
    Thank you very much Tony. I asked as there's a listing on allegro WOŁYŃ ODZNACZENIE 4 Wołyńska Brygada Piechoty. The seller says "original condition" but what I can see in the photos the post has been repaired with soft solder. I can count only seven threads in the photos on allegro. Outisde of this the rivet seems to be filled with solder.

Cheers

Kosa, the 4WBP does appear genuine. I agree, the post has been repaired, and of course the original spinner is missing. One day to go and no bids yet. The post repair and replacement spinner may have spooked the market. Not a common badge at all, and other than the post repair this one is in very good condition. As you know, the large enamel area is prone to damage. One of my personal favourite 2nd Corps badge designs.

Here are the other auction pics:

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Kosa, the 4WBP does appear genuine. I agree, the post has been repaired, and of course the original spinner is missing. One day to go and no bids yet. The post repair and replacement spinner may have spooked the market. Not a common badge at all, and other than the post repair this one is in very good condition. As you know, the large enamel area is prone to damage. One of my personal favourite 2nd Corps badge designs.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Hi Tony, I agree, not a common badge. No doubt genuine. The badge enamel has survived very well but the post repair makes one think twice...The 4WBP badges show up in the market from time to time. Patience is a virtue

Cheers

Hi Kosa,

Yes, the perfect enamels on this badge considering the damaged post does cause one to do a double take. But the enamelwork appears entirely original without any repairs. The broken post could just be from over tightening rather than from impact. We’ll never know.

I have records of the 4WBP selling for over 3000zl, of course in perfect condition and at a time when the market was stronger. Considering the post repair, which is reasonably cleanly executed, this badge is still a very worthwhile purchase. If it stays in the present price range someone will have made a very sharp buy.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Hi Kosa,

Yes, the perfect enamels on this badge considering the damaged post does cause one to do a double take. But the enamelwork appears entirely original without any repairs. The broken post could just be from over tightening rather than from impact. We’ll never know.
    Tony, to make the soft solder melt enough to fix the broken post you would need to heat up the reverse. The enamel is fragile. I think it would get destroyed somewhere around the upper part of the badge due to overheating but it is perfect. It is not a period repair. I think someone fixed the post with a soldering gun. Outside of this, there's no single scratch an original spinner would leave on the reverse. Kind of strange to me.

Cheers

have been sent this image. just when you thought you were getting a handle on things, this pops up, the veritable spanner in the works. abbreviated wingtip , fillet between wings, mid production numbering in an odd serif style.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Regimental Badges WW2 

?

Bad.
    Kierzun's wing (3830/860) exists in a collection known to me.

The wing should still exhibit the full length around the 38** number sequence, and the wreath has been incorrectly applied.

as a forum friend once said " you can't hide on the Internet "

Polish Parachute Group WW2 | eBay
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Regimental Badges WW2 

?

I had a 2nd look at the badge, and compared it to "known".
    The more I compared, the worse things looked for the badge.

.... I could find no examples at this numbering sequence with bright plate finish ..
    .... Also as you mentioned, the numbering looked suspect ... and in fact the style of the "3" and "8" do not match the known.

All in All, this is why I suspect the auction ended at a lower price than expected.
    It was a question of "is it ?" or "isn't it" ....

Personally, I would not have bid on the wing.

Gary J.

Page 102 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 112 ... LastLast