Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 30 of 148 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 80 130 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

?

Default Re: Polish Regimetal Badges WW2

Hi there, I am very interested in the history of 303 Kosciuszko squadron during WW2 and I was actually able to acquire the 303 squadron badge # 49. I am looking for collectors who might have an original 303 badge with the original spinner (screwnut) as my # 49 came without it. Basically I would like to make a copy of the original spinner but my silversmith asked me for the exact dimensions. I am not trying to make any illegal copy or profit from this etc. This is strictly for my collection. I am a senior executive with General Electric Capital, my intentions are pure and all I am looking for is some help. Would you know anyone willing to help (I would be able to compensate the person for their time and effort if necesary). Let me know please. Thanks in advance. Best regards, Konrad (konrad.sobolewski@ge.com)

?

Hello Konrad, ... and welcome !
    Your 303 badge, ... I presume that is a hallmarked "K&S" ?
    .. If so, it would be a "kirkwood and Sons" item.

I believe that Kirkwoods used pretty much standard spinners on their badges from around 1941 onwards .... (I'm not sure previous to that date), ...
    And again, some 303 Sqdn badges have a 1940 Hallmark letter, so possibly a standard Kirkwood spinner might do the job if they are known to be used prior to 1941 ?

Gary J.

?

I am not sure Kirkwood made all 303 badges. The numbered ones were manufactured by another company, which used a rather unique spinner. Right now I cant remember who made them but I am confident somebody here will be able to provide the answer. At least its clearly visible that the spinner basically has the same measurements as the badge.

Cheers,
    J
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Regimental Badges WW2 

?

Ok ..

Maker "A.F" Birmingham hallmark "R" 1941.

Question now is "Who is A.F" ?

Gary J.

?

I browsed this site but with no luck. English silver hallmarks: maker marks identification of British Silversmiths Maybe I missed something

?

I've just contacted the Birmingham Assay office to see whether they have a record of "A.F" ...

Hopefully we will get a positive reply !!

Gary J.

?

Excellent! I tried using their online search engine but it consisted only of information up to 1900th century. I am surprised the PAF collectors/scholars have not come out from their dungeons to share some information with us - the uniformed masses

Cheers,
    Jacek

PS. At least the Italian makers had the courtesy to write out their name in full, in order to make it easier for us collectors Long live Lorioli!

?

Mystery solved - A.F is Arthur Fenwick Ltd. Vyse St, Birmingham

?

Excellent !! ... another manufacturer pinned down !

Gary J.

Quote by 3 DSK View Post
    Mystery solved - A.F is Arthur Fenwick Ltd. Vyse St, Birmingham

?

You guys are 100% absolutely right. AF is Arthur Fenwick of Birmingham (I verified it with Birmingham Assay Office) and the badges he produced were made in 1940 and 1941. He used a very unique spinner (one I am missing). I tried to find any other badge by this maker just to get the spinner but this seems impossible... Might have to get another 303 badge if one comes up for sale. Cheers. Konrad

Page 30 of 148 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 80 130 ... LastLast