Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 31 of 148 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

?

Default Re: Polish Regimetal Badges WW2

Forgot to post a big "Thank You" to Gary J and 3 DSK members. This is really a great information. Thanks again. Cheers, Konrad

?

Hello,
    I would like to have your opinion on this badge of the 12 Komp. Geograficzna, that I found here in Italy.
    The size is: mm. 42,6 x 42,6
    The weight is: 18,9 grams.
    Found without spinner.
    The photo is not the best possible!!
    Thank You.
    Enzo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Regimental Badges WW2  Polish Regimental Badges WW2 

?

I must admit it doesn't look good. In my opinion its a copy, but extremely well made one. Please compare the screw on the back, "12" and the reaming text. It sure looks different. I used to have a photo of a good fake but I cant find it right now. Hopefully my photos will help others here on the forum to determine if it really is a copy.

J
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Fellows
    Has anybody got pictures of the SPA (NOC Artilery School) of 2 Cor – the one with the wolf and the eagle.
    As far as I understand there had been 2 versions of the badge (brass and silver colours) made of thin sheet of metal. However, I have never actually seen silver colour one?
    Shortly, I may have an opportunity to acquire the badge – but not sure as I do not feel as I understand this particular badge well.
    Likely “fair price” estimates You can share?
    Any statistic as to how many made etc?

A rarely seen badge. Plenty of copies on the market, but seldom any real ones. I don’t recall the last genuine example I’ve seen for sale. Jazzer Henry may have one from what I recall, and if so he’ll hopefully post it for us to ogle.

I don’t have much info on these, other than there were two issues, one marked 1945 and the other 1946. The 1945 issues was stamped from white metal that was oxidized. The square fastening nut was stamped with the serial number. The 1946 issue was crudely stamped from thin brass sheet metal, also given an oxidization treatment. The badge measures 51 x 33 mm. I don’t know if any production numbers exist. But considering that such information doesn’t exist for even common badges I wouldn’t hold my breath that it does for this badge.

As to market value, I’ll throw a dart and say $500 at the low end for a badge complete with original nut. Please keep us posted with your progress on this purchase.

Regards,
    Tony

?

Please allow me to quote a dealer/collector who wrote this yesterday to me regarding prices on Polish items:

"On market price – this is all subjective as the market for polish badges is nowhere near transparency. So the price is what one proposes to pay and it up to seller to reach out to all potential buyers to maximize his profit."

Thank You T
    Appreciated.

It is difficult to come across the close-up photo of this badge.
    The Sawicki’s / wielechowski’s book has a poor picture and Bron & Barwa brochure by Barbarski has only a short description.

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    A rarely seen badge. Plenty of copies on the market, but seldom any real ones. I don’t recall the last genuine example I’ve seen for sale. Jazzer Henry may have one from what I recall, and if so he’ll hopefully post it for us to ogle.

I don’t have much info on these, other than there were two issues, one marked 1945 and the other 1946. The 1945 issues was stamped from white metal that was oxidized. The square fastening nut was stamped with the serial number. The 1946 issue was crudely stamped from thin brass sheet metal, also given an oxidization treatment. The badge measures 51 x 33 mm. I don’t know if any production numbers exist. But considering that such information doesn’t exist for even common badges I wouldn’t hold my breath that it does for this badge.

As to market value, I’ll throw a dart and say $500 at the low end for a badge complete with original nut. Please keep us posted with your progress on this purchase.

Regards,
    Tony

Fellows,

This is one of the “suspected” badges from my collection – 1 Grenadier’s Division
    It is K&S pattern – but, I am a bit concerned that it has not got K&S signatures

What would You say?
    Advice will be appreciated.

According the literature I have come across, there had been only 3 types of this badge

- 2 versions by Kirkwood (normal and combat) – both with K&S signatures – oxida brass
    - The Italian made brass one (combat) - no signatures

Has anybody got the close up pictures of Kirkwood’s badges with signatures?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Re the SPA Artillery School badge, the Partyka reference may have a better picture of this badge along with some more information. I’ll also check my archived photographs to see what may be in there. I am away from home at the moment, so please stay tuned.

. . . and here’s another call to Jazzcat Henry to post his example (knowing his collection, there will be several in there . . . )

Regards,
    T.

Thanks T
    Any thoughts on Granadiers' ?

i am looking forward to meeting - Jazzcat Henry
    A

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Re the SPA Artillery School badge, the Partyka reference may have a better picture of this badge along with some more information. I’ll also check my archived photographs to see what may be in there. I am away from home at the moment, so please stay tuned.

. . . and here’s another call to Jazzcat Henry to post his example (knowing his collection, there will be several in there . . . )

Regards,
    T.

Page 31 of 148 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 81 131 ... LastLast