Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 108 of 148 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1478

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Hello im the happy owner of the badge in question and I was just wondering what the that spot is?

Fellows,

Finally, after a few years of search - I have located quality pictures of what - I believe to be one of the rarest - Polish "Collars" Badges (actually they had been fixed with the main arm insignias / ranks - not on collars as such, but i am just simplifying -for the purpose of the post).

3 Tank Regiment - was stationed in Scotland - was very small and restructured during the war many times with members being directed to join various other regiments of 1 Armoured Division (changing the insignia etc). Interestingly, 3rd TR, also had a sizable nr of Volunteers from Argentina.

The "3" had been featured only on a few pictures published in the monograph of the 3rd TR by Wronski.

Sorry - Given the rarity, I have edited the pictures to make the work of counterfeiters more difficult.

At the very beginning of its existence also 1st Tank Regiment had "1s" too - but the usage of them stopped sometime in 42 (judging form the pictures I know)

Perhaps some of You has "1s"?

?

Default Polish Technical School

Haven't really mounted these up but I thought I would share them with the troops.

Osrodek Szkol Tech. Millom

Full size and mini

'Attachment 654281Attachment 654282Attachment 654283Attachment 654284Attachment 654285

cheers,
    Piwo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Quote by wood View Post
    Squadron badge. Anybody know which squadron? there are the initials R H scratched on the reverse.
    Yes per the st Clements Dane memorial it appears to be the 306 fighter squadron city of Torun, check on File:Polish airforce memorial, St Clements.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and No. 306 Polish Fighter Squadron - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia read about them in the forgotten few by Zamoyski

Two recent ebay listings of wartime school badges. Examples of these rarely seen badges are pictured earlier in this thread and likely elsewhere, but these results from the past week are worth posting. Despite the general softening of the market over the past several years the blue chip pieces always garner a lot of interest and some heavy bidding, and these two beauties were no exception.

Supply and Transport Officer School (Szkoła Podchorążych Służby Zaopatrywania i Transportu)

Artillery Officer School in France (Szkoła Podchorążych Artylerii we Francji)

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

We follow up the two outstanding badges in the prior post with the humble 2nd Corps Commemorative. But this particular badge has one thing in common with those two titans: scarcity. This is an un-numbered version of the full size badge produced by the official producer, Societa Italiana per l'Arte della Medaglia of Rome. It is the first and only non-serial numbered example from this maker that I have encountered to date.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Hello all,
    Really great badges you propose us !
    Friendly.
    ZP

hello all,
    firstly I apologise if I am posting in the wrong place but thanks to this website I have recently identified a
    badge that we have as an original steel fist or znac pancerny. It has been in my partners cupboard for about
    forty years and was left by her mother. for anyone interested we put it on e bay yesterday. Once again I
    apologise if I have posted in the wrong place but there may be interested people wishing to acquire one.

Hello harlanduk,

Please post a picture front and back along with whatever your partner may recall about it's past history. I suspect her mother was married to a Polish WW2 veteran?

Regards,
    Tony

Hello Tony, I am a total numpty with computers but the item is on e bay under militaria , military badge ww2 Poland and there are pictures of front and back on there, as far as we know she only married once, an Englishman . We believe it may of been given to her as a keepsake. She was a TA during ww2 from Leicester. Hope this helps