Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 40 of 148 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 90 140 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Default Re: Polish Regimetal Badges WW2

As promised
    I wish it was an orginal wing not the “association replacement one”
    I was stupid 3 years ago – I had missed en opportunity to buy a large colelction of paper-work after one of the “Cichociemny”

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    I have the replacement wings – ordered by the Association of Cichociemni in London in 80ts
    I will post it when i am back in London this week
    I have been in touch with 2 Cichociemni Veterans in UK
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Hi
    I am particularly interested in the history of the 1 Polish Armoured Division and over years I have read a lot of materials about various regiments that comprised the Division. However, with 2 exceptions
    - Podhalanki Battalion (also know in Canadian semantics – 7 Polish Highlanders)
    - 8 Battalion Brabanicki

I was trying to get to the bottom of why there has not been much about this 2 regiments (for instance nice regimental albums like for 1,2 Tank Regiments, 10 PSK, 10 Dragoons) – despite the great contribution, fighting track-record of both regiments + significant losses (biggest in the Division)

My theory is that – solders of Podhalanki Battalion, and 8 Brabanicki Battalion had seen a lot of action and suffered heavy casualties. The horror experiences had probably traumatised them and therefore, after the war they probably wanted to cut-off from those unpleasant memories.
    But I may well be wrong
    A

Quote by cichociemny View Post
    Wadownicz

What exact info are you after on the Baon Strzelcow Podhalanskich? I am currently researching this unit with the hope of writing some articles, a website and maybe a book on the history and uniforms/badges of the batalion.
    I have recently come into contact with some veterans and families of the batalion so i might be able to help you a bit.

3mk
    ?

Thank you for posting the badge!Most of the ones being offered on ebay as copies,So I guess its still nice to have a original assoctiation issued one

Let’s have some quality debates around the VM Cross
    Please post examples with explanations (documents, manufacturers, value estimates etc)

I have seen a number of VMs over years, but I have always been very cautious on acquisitions as it seems to me that VMs are heavily copied – so, in my view, really small chance to buy genuine one in “open market”

An year or so – I had taken the picture of this one for references
    1. What do You think - genuine?

2. Anybody can tell the manufacturer of this pattern?

3. Is this the Free Forces one or perhaps form the period before WW2

4. Perhaps a replacement - no numbers?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Always happy to help if I can

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Thank you for posting the badge!Most of the ones being offered on ebay as copies,So I guess its still nice to have a original assoctiation issued one

3mk
    ?

Hey there,
    In my opinion I think its a fake made by Panasiuk,It looks to have no gold color behinde the eagle as where in originals they do,The eagle looks bad and I do not like the font of the writing on it.

Only pre-war cross`s had numbers some which were taken out of Poland in 1939 to France and then in 1940 to Britian to be mostly awarded to troops in Italy.
    It could be a post-war replacement made for a vetran who ordered it himself,But it would be impossible to confirm that

Regards
    Emil

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Let’s have some quality debates around the VM Cross.Please post examples with explanations (documents, manufacturers, value estimates etc)
    Some close-ups of my SPINK & SON example VM. I paid around $500 dollars for it 3 or 4 years ago. Don't know if that was expensive or not—but I wanted it and was happy with the price of ownership

Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Fellows

We have been slow with discussions lately – what is going on?
    Where are the good Polish badges?

I have a small issue to research

The Badge of the 1 Antitank Artillery Regiment of Maczek’s Division.

I have posted some pictures before on the forum, but to supplement the knowledge.

1. Has anybody know how-many may have been issued?
    2. I have been told that there were 2 versions – with numbers and without – Has anybody got the Badge with Numbers - I have never seen it!
    3. Has anybody spoken with Spink – manufacturer – still existing in London – regarding – how many of them have been made / when?
    4. I have seen recently that in Poland – the price of 2800PLN (almost 700£) was paid - have You been aware of any other trades – pricing points?
    5. I have been told that there has been a number of “clever fakes” around – has anybody got picture of those?
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Regimental Badges WW2 

Fellows
    Can we please try to post pictures of all Sappers Badges / Engineers of the Polish Free Forces
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Regimental Badges WW2 

Never seen this with numbers
    and Spink has no information,
    or at least is giving no information regarding
    Polish badges
    cheers
    Stan

Page 40 of 148 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 90 140 ... LastLast