Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 43 of 148 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 93 143 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Default Re: Polish Regimetal Badges WW2

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows
    Anybody has pictures of the “dragon” of 16 Armoured Brigade?

I have never seen this badge in real and have been very intrigued by it
    Yes, a very seldom seen badge. Here's a real one, issued to none other than Antoni Grudzinski. (Unfortunately, not from my collection)

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Tony
    Thank You
    Exceptional and also after Col Grudzinski!
    I need to research the archives of 16 Armoured Brigade to see how many of the Dragons may have been given.
    Next time at Sikorski Institute

I have never seen this badge in actual life before
    A

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Yes, a very seldom seen badge. Here's a real one, issued to none other than Antoni Grudzinski. (Unfortunately, not from my collection)

Regards,
    Tony

Hello!

Few months my friend had this badge for sell, but i don't remember how much he wanted.

Regards

Tony
    I guess we are looking at the set of Polish Militaria from which You have started your passion of collecting
    Good one!
    Can You please post the close-up pictures of the badge (cross)- i have read in materials that it was actually never “mass produced” / authorised

A

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi W, The one you have pictured is the 64th Battalion. I am quite familar with the 65th Pomorski Batalion Piechoty as it was my father's unit. Pictured below is the beret badge for the 65th Baon. Like the unit badge, these were not fomally commissioned due to one of two reasons (1. missing of an order deadline, or 2. relocation of the unit to England and eventual demobilzation). The only examples I have seen are those made by men of the battalion.

Regards,
    Tony

Tony
    I guess we are looking at the set of Polish Militaria from which You have started your passion of collecting
    Good one!
    Can You please post the close-up pictures of the badge (cross)- i have read in materials that it was actually never “mass produced” / authorised
    Actually, I was already well into my collecting madness when one day my father showed me his award document for the 65th Battalion badge. He’d forgotten about it and found it amongst some old papers. As you can imagine, it was a very nice surprise – all the more so because he also gave the document to me! I’ll also add that up until that time I had yet to see the award document for this badge. They are quite rare.

I’ve related the story on the 65th Battalion badge elsewhere, so apologies for repeating this:

Only award documents were issued to qualifying members of the 65th battalion, no badges. As you know, this was not unusual in the Polish military. One earned the right to wear the badge, which was confirmed on paper, but that didn’t always mean the badge was included. My father recalls that there was an expectation that badges eventually were to be issued or made available (the badge pictured is one I purchased several years ago). Within several weeks of the issuance of the award document the 65th battalion was packed up and relocated to England where the unit was eventually disbanded. The plans for formal badge production were evidently dropped.

My research has not produced any documented records. What little I obtained was from correspondence with collectors and laymen historians. One account was that an order deadline for an Italian based maker was not placed in time, either an oversight or possibly due to the impending departure as the unit. I suppose the reasoning would have been why place an order if you weren’t going to be around to collect it?

At some point a talented soldier of the battalion was commissioned to produce a limited quantity of badges for the officer corps only. One of these badges is pictured below. There are two other variants I have seen, one of which is likely from the same maker judging by the similarities in construction. It is entirely possible, and indeed likely by virtue of the existence of the other variant, that someone else made badges for this unit at some point.

Were these to be temporary badges until a proper production run could be organized, or perhaps it was decided that the expense of hiring an ‘outside’ producer was not warranted? Questions that remain unanswered.

The badge measures 40mm x 40mm. 3mm metric threaded post. ~17mm spinner. Three part construction. The red center backing along with the blue fill in the cross arms is plastic, which as we all know was a popular material used by the crafty and resourceful Poles of the 2nd Corps.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Fellows
    This is my recent acquisition “Black Eagle “ and I would very much appreciate your opinions.

We all know the Guant’s Polish Pilot’s wings.

However, I have small dilemma that is worth clarifying – I think

I have just noticed an interesting detail looking at my new acquisition.

1. Look at the picture of the “Black Eagle” – the Badge appear to a “scare across” suggesting that the stamp was broken (please see the specific enlargement)
    2. Look at the picture of the “Silver Eagle” – it comes from the relatively new stock – 7-8 years ago, as You may know, it was easy in London to by the Polish Wings – the badges had been sold in the auction after Mr Sliwerski at Bonham’s (who had bought them from Pilot’s association in the 80ts)– my Silver Eagle comes form this lot.

So my questions are the following
    - Can You please post the picture of the Polish Wings?
    - Do your Badges have the “scare”?
    - Given the fact that the Silver one is the post-war re-strike, can it be that the Black one the War-time made one?
    - Was Guant making badges during the war? Or was that only Firmin?
    - Any pictures of Firmin one?

Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Attached Images Attached Images Polish Regimental Badges WW2 

Ooops !
    Col Grudzinski badge and legitymacja !
    My poor heart !
    THANK YOU Tony for this post !
    Ze-Pole

Beautiful set and thank you for sheering with us your collection.

Fellows
    Any posts / views / advice on the subject?
    I am looking forward to learning your thoughts
    A

Fellows
    This is my recent acquisition “Black Eagle “ and I would very much appreciate your opinions.

We all know the Guant’s Polish Pilot’s wings.

However, I have small dilemma that is worth clarifying – I think

I have just noticed an interesting detail looking at my new acquisition.

1. Look at the picture of the “Black Eagle” – the Badge appear to a “scare across” suggesting that the stamp was broken (please see the specific enlargement)
    2. Look at the picture of the “Silver Eagle” – it comes from the relatively new stock – 7-8 years ago, as You may know, it was easy in London to by the Polish Wings – the badges had been sold in the auction after Mr Sliwerski at Bonham’s (who had bought them from Pilot’s association in the 80ts)– my Silver Eagle comes form this lot.

So my questions are the following
    - Can You please post the picture of the Polish Wings?
    - Do your Badges have the “scare”?
    - Given the fact that the Silver one is the post-war re-strike, can it be that the Black one the War-time made one?
    - Was Guant making badges during the war? Or was that only Firmin?
    - Any pictures of Firmin one?

My recent acquisition.
    1GD

Quote by Mariusz View Post
    Here are pictures of Andrzejs Badge, with Legitymacja, and his picture.

Page 43 of 148 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 93 143 ... LastLast