Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 44 of 148 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 94 144 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Default Re: Polish Regimetal Badges WW2

here are close uppictures of the polish wings that belonged to my uncle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Quote by Mariusz View Post
    here are close uppictures of the polish wings that belonged to my uncle
    This is why I like this forum. It is like CSI

Mariusz, thank You for posting of Your Uncle’s Badges
    Assuming that the badges had been given to Your Uncle during the war + looking at the badge I have recently acquired we can conclude / confirm

1) Guan had made badges during the war for the Polish Pilots – sort of the well known fact!
    2) However, looks like we have just managed to discover the way to distinguish between the “War Time Version” and the “Post War Version” of Guant’s Pilot Badge.

My theory therefore is that, it appears that the Guant’s Tools used during the war had a “crack / scare” and this deficiency must have been removed some time after the war when the bigger quantities had been made for the HQ of PSP (I guess in 1960ts) and subsequently acquired by Mr Sliwerski and sold at Bonhams after his death a few years ago. Some of You may know that the Pilot’s Badges had been bought by the owner of Chelsea Military of London and obviously sold on – so recently it is even difficult to acquire those post-war re-strikes.

I think that it is a very relevant discovery for all the collectors of the Polish Badges.

What do You fellows think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Attached Images Attached Images Polish Regimental Badges WW2 

Interesting topic underway. There is very little solid information on the mater of Gaunt re-strikes. Wadowicznic, please keep us posted on the results of your research. I am learning some good stuff!

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Interesting topic underway. There is very little solid information on the mater of Gaunt re-strikes. Wadowicznic, please keep us posted on the results of your research. I am learning some good stuff!

Cheers,
    Tony
    Dear Gentleman..
    For your information only I would like to explain no re strike
    done by Gunt and Son London.I have in my collection both of this variation and the are from WWII area.

Quote by kristof View Post
    Dear Gentleman..
    For your information only I would like to explain no re strike
    done by Gunt and Son London.I have in my collection both of this variation and the are from WWII area.

Fellows - very interesting debate.

With respect to the “theory of the post –war re-strike” – it has only been my theory as I have not got concrete evidence to suppot it (for instance a copy of purchase order). I was simply connecting circumstancial evidence.

Guant - now owned by Firmin of Birmingham do not make archives public – I did enquire c2 years ago to see if it was possible to purchse Firmin made badge (it was not), but I did learn about the acquistion.

Simply, I have seen the badge” with the deficiency” largly less over years than the one without.

Is that also your experience Kristof/others?
    What makes You thnk there was no-re strike?

Fellows
    A quick question to continue debate on Polish Badges -

Has anybody got a picture of the following badge?
    - School of Non-commissioned Officer of the 2 DSP – (Szkola Podchorazych 2 Dywizji Strzelcow Pieszych)

This is a very characteristic badge – shape of bayonet with a small star and letters (depending on type) – F, H, W
    44x11mn
    Made by Huguenin – la Loce Switzerland

Picture is featured on page 541 of the Sawicki, Wielechowski Book – Odznaki Wojska Polskiego 1918-1945

How rare is this badge?
    I have seen a lot of2 DSP badges – but not the school
    Any info on the numbers of graduates / badges?

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    . . . Has anybody got a picture of the following badge?
    - School of Non-commissioned Officer of the 2 DSP – (Szkola Podchorazych 2 Dywizji Strzelcow Pieszych)

. . . How rare is this badge? . . .
    Definitely rare. I don't recall ever seeing one on the market. Just so everyone without the Sawicki book can see what it looks like . . .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

T
    Thank You for the post and your opinion on the 2 DSP badge.
    It is rare – I definitely agree.
    All the Military School Badges seem to be particularly difficult to get.
    I am trying to understand the Schools Badges better but archives / materials seem to be narrower than for Regiments / Brigades etc

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Definitely rare. I don't recall ever seeing one on the market. Just so everyone without the Sawicki book can see what it looks like . . .

Fellows

May I propose that we continue debate on School Badges

Tony and I did briefly discuss in the past the badge that is understood to be the School of Non-commissioned Officers of SBS – for instance:
    - Sawicki / Wielechowski Book
    - Pamiatki PSZ

Has anybody got more information that could help to discover more details on the badge and asses its relative value:
    Advise from SBS Enthusiasts will be greatly appreciated.

1. Any info on number of participants of the School etc
    2. Is there a confirmation that the School had an official badge?
    3. Any additional pictures of the badge in addition to of the ones supplied by Tony and me in the past?
    4. Any idea of manufacturer? Infor on Material / technology etc?
    5. Any examples of prices achieved in the market for this badge? Any estimates?
    6. Perhaps some additional pictures of School ID / Certificate of completion is available?
    7. Pictures of solders warring one?

Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

?

It's a 1SBS sweetheart pin.

I've shown one to some veterans of the 1SBS, and they confirmed this.
    The design seems to have been lifted from some official notepaper of the 1SBS, ... but the badge was never officially instigated.

Also, I have a photo of my mother wearing one .. given to her by my father who was NOT an officer/cadet officer ..
    I've NEVER seen a photo of an officer wearing one .. officially or unofficially.

Gary J.

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows

May I propose that we continue debate on School Badges

Tony and I did briefly discuss in the past the badge that is understood to be the School of Non-commissioned Officers of SBS – for instance:
    - Sawicki / Wielechowski Book
    - Pamiatki PSZ

Has anybody got more information that could help to discover more details on the badge and asses its relative value:
    Advise from SBS Enthusiasts will be greatly appreciated.

1. Any info on number of participants of the School etc
    2. Is there a confirmation that the School had an official badge?
    3. Any additional pictures of the badge in addition to of the ones supplied by Tony and me in the past?
    4. Any idea of manufacturer? Infor on Material / technology etc?
    5. Any examples of prices achieved in the market for this badge? Any estimates?
    6. Perhaps some additional pictures of School ID / Certificate of completion is available?
    7. Pictures of solders warring one?

Page 44 of 148 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 94 144 ... LastLast