Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 112 of 148 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1478

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Quote by Gary J View Post
    When my late father was with the 3rd Carpathians, .. he actually was foolish enough to wrestle with Wojtek !

Gary J.
    Hi Gary

Funnily enough my late father (1st Polish Corps) also told me a story of him wrestling Wojtek, not sure at what camp in Scotland he was at the time, he was around Kircaldy, Fife and others as he drove heavy goods from camp to camp. He always was up for anything and something he would have done as well. I know he took my Mother up to Edinburgh zoo when they were married to see him and had the book.

Dad is second from left in the top picture. These were all taken in Scotland, someone might recognise their Father or Grandfather.

Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Default snow , wot snow !

it's that time of year
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    it's that time of year
    Yup, just about winter here in the northern hemisphere. But around the globe it’s Christmastime for many. Oops, hope nobody was offended with the mention of Christ. One needs to be careful nowadays.

Moving along . . .

This badge has been connected to the Polish Armed Forces as a result of inclusion in Z.P. Wesolowski’s 1985 publication "Polish Orders, Medals, Badges . . . 1705-1985" (page 368, addendum) where it is labeled as the 1st Carpathian Transport Division. No such badge or division existed in the PSZ, and I’ve yet to find any connection whatsoever to any 20th Century period of the Polish armed forces. The spinner is patterned on the die stamped Lorioli type most commonly found on the 3rd Carpathian Rifles Division badge, although this one is cast, as is the badge. Does anyone know anything about a 1DKR / 1DRK unit, or is the badge the fantasy piece it seems to be?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

An interesting badge design. I wonder if it was produced as a design prototype, one of several design proposals for a badge that never made it into production?

Was the gear wheel design motif ever used on general transport insignia? Or normally associated with armoured units? I think the design motif is too "agressive" for a transport unit.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by StefanM View Post
    An interesting badge design. I wonder if it was produced as a design prototype, one of several design proposals for a badge that never made it into production? . . .
    Some good thoughts Stefan, as usual.

As far as this being a design working model, that’s entirely possible. Although it does not appear in the sparse information I have about badge projects that ended up on the cutting room floor. Incidentally, since posting the two 2nd Corps artillery badge concepts a while back this is a topic that I’ve wanted to explore further here. I’ll strive to do so some time soon.

. . .Was the gear wheel design motif ever used on general transport insignia? Or normally associated with armoured units? I think the design motif is too "agressive" for a transport unit.
    Only with the armoured corps, and in the PSZ reflected only in the “Znak Pancerny” (posts 3, 8, 9, 11 . . . ).

And yes, the transport unit badge designs were decidedly more sedate.

Regards,
    T.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    As far as this being a design working model, that’s entirely possible. Although it does not appear in the sparse information I have about badge projects that ended up on the cutting room floor. Incidentally, since posting the two 2nd Corps artillery badge concepts a while back this is a topic that I’ve wanted to explore further here. I’ll strive to do so some time soon.
    This would make a very interesting new thread subject
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

This would make a very interesting new thread subject
    Something I'll try and get to over the upcoming Christmas season when (and if) some free time permits. Of course, in the interim anyone is more than welcome to step in and get the ball rolling. And I'm inclined to keep the discussion on this thread as it seems to be a good fit.

Cheers,
    Tony

Best wishes for a happy New Year !!!

Today is perfect occasion to enjoy the eye with our collections and to summarize the past year.
    I have to admit that it was crazy year for me and very busy time but fortunately as a whole it was very positive year also in collector’s meaning.

I would like to share with you some samples of my trophies from 2014. Here two examples of the items from the group of the WWII Polish Regimental Badges:

Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2

and another one item:

Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Let your dreams became reality and a Happy New Year once again!!!

Cheers,
    Jacek

Super badges Jacek! Both in excellent condition. The enameled 1st Motorized Artillery is especially rare. Congratulations, and thanks for sharing your 2014 treasures .

2014 was quiet on the acquisition front, partly by design and partly due to the lack of needed pieces surfacing on the market. But this 10th Mounted Rifles Regiment badge on the want list did pop up . . .

. . . allowing for the long awaited upgrade from the non-enameled version in the 1st Armoured Division regimental badge frame. Still two awaiting upgrades . . .

Cheers,
    Tony

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post

. . . allowing for the long awaited upgrade from the non-enameled version in the 1st Armoured Division regimental badge frame. Still two awaiting upgrades . . .

Cheers,
    Tony
    Whaouh !
    Oh my poor heart again...
    What a showcase ! Really, congratulation to you Tony.
    Bye.
    ZP