Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 113 of 148 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1478

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    .... 10th Mounted Rifles Regiment badge on the want list did pop up . . .

Cheers,
    Tony
    CONGRATULATIONS Tony !!!

This is wonderful badge !!! - one of my favourite among WW II Polish Regimental Badges!

You have been searching it for a pretty long time as I remeber from one of your previous posts...

I remember this happy day when I have got it - I was very impressed by its size and beautiful design - very heavy and solid badge...

Cheers,
    Jacek

Hello,

I need your opinion. Is that a genuine Reserve NCO School of Artillery( Italy) badge?
    There had been two versions of this badge; with 1945 year and 1946 year. Which badge is more difficult to find?
    Thank you in advance!
    Kind Regards
    Alex S
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Badge of the Polish Armed Forces in the USSR. Designed by Antoni Boczulski, a soldier in a 3DSK signals company. Manufactured by G. Zechovoy of Tel-Aviv, bearing Nr. 1. Measures 60x31mm. Reportedly only a single copy ever issued, to the C.O. General Władysław Anders.

The image is of what is likely a copy of the original residing maybe in the PISM London.

Attachment 618485

Regards,
    Tony
    Copy from copy ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Hi Igor, probably another copy from the same batch. I've seen two or three others as well. Bialkiewicz may have been the producer of these.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thank you Tony !

In reply to a request from a friend I assembled this side by side comparison of the two officially produced 24th Lancers badges, and thought it worthwhile posting here. Pictured are the officer grade enameled versions. On the left is the wartime production badge and on the right the badge produced immediately post war in occupied Germany. In a reversal of the norm, the German made version of this badge is scarcer than the Chisholm & Mackay issue.

(click on image to enlarge)

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Fellows

Link to what I believe to be an interesting badge

Polish Hat Eagles

?

I have found this badge in northern Ontario. I was able to identify the regiment but any additional information like originality and numbers produced would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi Hubal, nice find. For the benefit of others the badge of the 1st Reconnaissance Regiment (1 Pulk Rozpoznawczy) Polish 1st Armoured Division. This is the officer’s version by virtue of the yellow enamels. It appears entirely genuine with correct original issue spinner. No clue however as to exactly how many were produced, but there certainly weren’t all that many. The badge is quite scarce.

Regards,
    Tony

?

Thank You for a very quick response. I had no idea it is the officer version. Thank You again.
    Regards,
    Pawel