Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 50 of 148 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 60 100 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Default Re: Polish Regimetal Badges WW2

Thanks Tony, Rafal and IvanPutski for your help. The medical corps insignia - would that be prewar WW2 or postwar?

Also there is a badge with a star on it - any thoughts? Not sure even if it is Polish but these were all in the same packet. The two insignia with L.P. might be Signals and I wonder if the L.P. refers to the Polish Peoples Army?

Anyone know or want to speculate on what the badge is with the two stalks of wheat?

Fellows
    I have recently been send very interesting pictures –
    1st Antiaircraft Artillery Badge of the 1 Polish Armoured Division.
    I do not have this badge is my collection and have not seen it many times over the last decade.
    I am very tempted to try to acquire it – but I am just not sure if it is genuine.
    Just looks too good!

Any thoughts?
    What would you say – OK? or a clever repo?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

GFC
    ?

Looks spot-on to me....

I have seen them before in the original box, and this passes muster.

I agree with this fellow GFC. It is in very nice clean condition. Nice, desirable badge. Good acquisition!
    Hurrah!
    S

Quote by dastier View Post
    The medical corps insignia - would that be prewar WW2 or postwar?
    I don't know if they used the same design postwar, but it definitely looks like the pre-WW2 design and construction to me. A friend of mine had a wz. 36 uniform to a physician that bore the same insignia in silver bullion (just like the one in your photo) on medical service collar tabs. That's the basis of my comment, but I must confess that I don't know much about inter-War uniforms. Maybe our esteemed moderator can shine a light on this??

?

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows
    I have recently been send very interesting pictures –
    1st Antiaircraft Artillery Badge of the 1 Polish Armoured Division.
    I do not have this badge is my collection and have not seen it many times over the last decade.
    I am very tempted to try to acquire it – but I am just not sure if it is genuine.
    Just looks too good!

Any thoughts?
    What would you say – OK? or a clever repo?
    Sorry, but I would be very very careful about purchasing this badge. I have seen an excellent numbered copy with hallmarks that came from Poland. The only way to know if it was ok was to study it next to an original, and even then it was hard to tell. It took a long time of comparing them minutely with a magnifying glass. I would like to know the provenance of this badge...where it came from and who is the seller. The last one I saw for sale privately was being offered at over 1500 dollars. Maybe someone on the forum has an original one to post for comparison purposes. The only thing I can say concretely about this one, is that it dosent have the patina of time on it....looks too clean to me. It might be good, or it might not be. Difficult to tell.

Thank You
    We are on the same page with respect to concerns
    I think it is a repo
    I am curious how many of them have been made and attempted to be sold?

?

Yes
    I think one should be more careful of giving badges a quick thumbs up without being very very sure. Innocence can cost a lot.

For the records on our Forum – nice picture i have come across.

The Badge of the School for Young Volunteers for the Polish Free Army in Middle East

Very interesting badge and of the great historical significance as the School was attended buy the kids / youngsters who had been evacuated from CCCP with the gen Anders force.
    I have seen a few pictures showing those kids when they moved out of CCCP – truly horrible stuff (hunger etc)

I have been looking for some info as how many have attended the School >>> how many of the badges had been issued?
    There is also a very nice ID doc to go with the badge – unfortunately i do not have it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Regimental Badges WW2 

Quote by IvanPutski View Post
    I don't know if they used the same design postwar, but it definitely looks like the pre-WW2 design and construction to me. A friend of mine had a wz. 36 uniform to a physician that bore the same insignia in silver bullion (just like the one in your photo) on medical service collar tabs. That's the basis of my comment, but I must confess that I don't know much about inter-War uniforms. Maybe our esteemed moderator can shine a light on this??
    I can’t add too much to what you’ve stated, other than a quick glance through my references does reveal that the insignia does bear a resemblance to early pattern medical collar insignia. This insignia was used only on early uniform collar tabs and does not appear to be a regulation item on the post 1927 uniforms. In any event, I can’t say with certainty that it is an actual prewar Polish medical collar insignia.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 50 of 148 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 60 100 ... LastLast