Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 59 of 148 FirstFirst ... 9 49 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 69 109 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

?

Default Re: Polish Regimetal Badges WW2

collar as well for AA regiment
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Fellows
    I have just received pictures of a very interesting badge.
    Known as - Polish Units in Middle East.
    I am not 100% sure about nr of recipients and the maker
    Has anybody got pictures of ID for it and / or is aware of statistic?

I have seen it a few time in various collections, but never managed to get one
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Fellows
    I am looking for more information about the ”Britannia” – NCO Infantry School Badge (statistics, pictures etc)
    This is the only picture I have.

May I please ask for some quality pictures to be posted – I would really appreciate it.
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Regimental Badges WW2 

Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    lugs and things, a British trait.
    Thank You
    Both Tony’s and Your AA Badges are impressive ones.
    I have been trying to locate one for some time now – no luck.
    Also there is not much re-statistics on AA units of Polish Free Forces in public domain.
    I have been told there was a monography of AA Regiment of 1 Polish Armoured Division published in 80ts – I will try to check at the POSK Library in London

Fellows
    Perhaps an interesting subject to discuss briefly to consolidate our collective knowledge

Collar / Hat - Badges of 2 Cor – Signals
    Over years I have seen 3 types – with: Bull, Panther and the ”Syrenaka”
    Interestingly - I have not seen war-time or 1946 -48 pictures of soldiers actually wearing them

Any more info /pictures on those badges?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    . . .Collar / Hat - Badges of 2 Corps – Signals
    Over years I have seen 3 types – with: Bull, Panther and the ”Syrenka”
    Interestingly - I have not seen war-time or 1946 -48 pictures of soldiers actually wearing them
    Hello Wadowicznic,

There’s also the 3DSK signals with the tree. This seems to be the scarcest of the four.

And here’s your picture . . .

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Attached Images Attached Images Polish Regimental Badges WW2 
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hello Wadowicznic,

There’s also the 3DSK signals with the tree. This seems to be the scarcest of the four.

And here’s your picture . . .

Regards,
    Tony
    Tony – Thank You
    Interesting information
    I have never seen the one with the Tree

Also – I have managed to find the picture of 5KDP one (bull) in my archives (was sold on ebay a couple months ago)

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows
    I am looking for more information about the ”Britannia” – NCO Infantry School Badge (statistics, pictures etc)
    This is the only picture I have.

May I please ask for some quality pictures to be posted – I would really appreciate it.
    Hi again wadowicnic,

These came with two spinners that I've seen, one was plain like on mine pictured below, and the same spinner but stamped with the name of the Paris based maker Marcel Delande.

Regards,
    Tony

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi again wadowicnic,

These came with two spinners that I've seen, one was plain like on mine pictured below, and the same spinner but stamped with the name of the Paris based maker Marcel Delande.

Regards,
    Tony
    Tony - Thank You
    Exceptional quality badge you have – i have to say.
    I have seen only a few genuine examples in the market over years and a large nrs of repos.

Overall, I have tried to research the history and numbers for this badge and other “Military Schools of the Polish Free Forces” – the best documentation, that i have come across, relates to the Tank / Technical Schools in UK and Italy – great information is included in the book by Zebrowski (London 1970 – i think) – Polska Bron Pancerna.
    I will take the picture of relevant pages and post for benefits of fellows Forum Members shortly.

On the subject to Military School Badges - The one that puzzled me a lot (not enough information) are
    - Warrants officer school of DSP – made in Switzerland – pattern – a small bayonet with (letters – F, W, ?)
    - Artillery school from France – actually made in Scotland
    -
    My favourite School Badge is the Artillery School (Scottish one with the lion and canon shell) – was posted on the forum previously – from your collection.

?

Hi guys, I became a member of this forum just to post here, to contribute and also to ask help to sort some things out. My great uncle fought WWII for Poland, and when he died recently, I inherited his army medals, badges, etc. i ressearched about them and found many information, but couldn't find out from what regiment was his badge and why the eagle he worn in his beret was different from the one i've seen in this website. Thanks in advance and here comes the pictures:

Page 59 of 148 FirstFirst ... 9 49 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 69 109 ... LastLast