Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 62 of 148 FirstFirst ... 12 52 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 72 112 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Default Re: Polish Regimetal Badges WW2

Tony
    I am aware of Barbarski’s booklet – I like it a lot even if it is black and white – it has very useful tips especially in pointing out which badges had been made in Units Workshops “warsztatowki”

By the way – I have actually come across more information on mr Mieczyslaw Bialkiewicz – I will take picture and post it on the forum

Thanks wadowicznic,

Yes, that is a handy little reference. I have heard through the grapevine that an updated book version from this author may be in the works. If so this will undoubtedly prove to be the definitive work on the subject. Let's all keep our fingers crossed.

Looking forward to seeing your Bialkiewicz info.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

For the record on our Forum
    Badge of 1 Tank Regiment of the 1 Polish Armoured Division
    Recently sold on Ebay UK – for 135£
    Very good quality pictures

To my knowledge there had been a few variations of this badge – inc K&S and Steinhauer
    There are also some posts of this badge earlier on the Forum – Steinhauer version

I am not sure which versions it is – however, does not look like Steinhauer one – any thoughts?

It is interesting to see this badge going for only 135£ - Given recent market “craziness” I would expect a higher price for an original 1 Tank Regiment Badge?

Perhaps any of you have pictures of various other versions?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

This is what i had in mind re 1 Tank Reg Badge previously posted - page 5
    Exceptional badge from T collection
    Ebay one looks similar

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/polis...es-ww2-9351-5/

Also - Pictures from my collection
    Steinhauer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Fellows and Tony especially.

Keeping with the promise given a few days ago – I have managed finally to photograph the excerpt / bio of Mr Mieczyslaw Baialkiewicz from the Book about the Polish Free Forces VM Recipients – published in 90ts in London.

The bio speaks a volume about his achievements in various fields.

Mr Bialkiewicz has been mentioned on this Forum a few times as his company produced a few Badges and Eagles in 70 and 80ts (most interesting is the badge of Husars – also posted previously)

As I had mentioned previously, I had a pleasure of knowing him directly as well as helping with committee documenting and dispatching his private collection (from badges to helmets and Kordziki) to Poland after his death a few years ago. He donated it to Czenstochowa Monastery and it now can be seen in Katakumby Sw Rocha.

I do not actually know – all types of Badges / Eagles he produced as his wife had no actual records available and old stock had been gone. He sold a company in 80ts and kept a small workshop in this house.

Over years I have bought 2 eagles that had been described to me as “from Bilakiewicz workshop”
    Perhaps we should try to post pictures of his work to inventorize his brands / heritage when it comes to badge / Eagles?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    This is what i had in mind re 1 Tank Reg Badge previously posted - page 5
    Exceptional badge from T collection
    Ebay one looks similar

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/polis...es-ww2-9351-5/

Also - Pictures from my collection
    Steinhauer
    Hi Wadowicznic - your badge has the Kirkwood type spinner, so it's not likely a Steinhauer badge.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Hi again w,

Thanks for the additional info.

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Over years I have bought 2 eagles that had been described to me as “from Bilakiewicz workshop”
    Perhaps we should try to post pictures of his work to inventorize his brands / heritage when it comes to badge / Eagles?
    Not a bad idea at all, but maybe one for a dedicated thread of its own.

Regards,
    Tony

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi Wadowicznic - your badge has the Kirkwood type spinner, so it's not likely a Steinhauer badge.

Regards,
    Tony
    Tony
    Always good to have a quality debate – I like it a lot.

I think that my badge is Steinhauer’s

Please see the picture of the back (sorry should have posted it before) – the badge has the same features as the one presented on page 465 of Sawicki / Wielechowski book
    Spinner – may be K&S – however, I am not sure about it neither. Mechanically it works very well.
    I have alos marked by red circles the 2 distinctive features that distinguish ST from K&S

I am not sure which badge is more difficult to find K&S or ST?

The one You have (K&S) is totally exceptional – pictures are great.
    What do You thinks about the one sold? - I think – it will be some time before K&S badge like this surfaces.

Regarding K&S variant of the badge, it appears that it was made by the end of 1943 (officially approved in October 43) – regiment was at that time c 800 people.
    Regarding ST – I think it could have been made in 1946 and given out officially during the Regimental Day on August 19th – but I need to verify it at the Sikorski institute

Interestingly, 1 Tank Regiment had a contingent of volunteers from Argentina / Brazil and I guess they had gone home shortly after the war and did not stay in Germany for occupation (took badges with them). Secondly and more importantly, c200 solders had been affected in action (inc 56 killed)

Finally, if I remember correctly, only 792 members had been awarded the France & Germany Star.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Hi wadowicznic,

Yes, on second glance you are correct. It's just a case of a mismatched spinner on your Steiny.

Thanks for the added background information on this regiment. Very interesting !!

The distinctive feature that I look for is the difference in numeral "1". I should have picked up on that with yours instead of gawking at the spinner. I stand corrected!

The K&S badge that sold was a nice one, and it went for a reasonable price.

Regards,
    T.

Tony
    Excellent comparison.
    Again, as a few times in the past on this Forum – matter cleared for the benefit of all collectors interested.

At some point it would also be good to establish differences between K&S and German (Stainhauer) versions for 2 Tank Regiment
    I have been looking for a badge of 2 Tank for some time – no success to date

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi wadowicznic,

Yes, on second glance you are correct. It's just a case of a mismatched spinner on your Steiny.

Thanks for the added background information on this regiment. Very interesting !!

The distinctive feature that I look for is the difference in numeral "1". I should have picked up on that with yours instead of gawking at the spinner. I stand corrected!

The K&S badge that sold was a nice one, and it went for a reasonable price.

Regards,
    T.

Page 62 of 148 FirstFirst ... 12 52 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 72 112 ... LastLast