Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 138 of 148 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1478

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

?

Hi, l would be very grateful for some help if possible. My father Wladyslaw Zajaczkowski, his father and brother were in Monte Cassino during the 2nd world war and received the Monte Cassino cross medals. I have the three of them and am desperate to know which medal belonged to whom. The numbers are 17605, 14370, 47119. Thank you in anticipation and l do hope someone can help. Kindest regards

Hello Zosia,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum, with Regards to your Father, Uncle and Grandfather, I have found the following information for you.

(1) Father

Surname : Zajączkowski

Christian Name : Władysław

Date of Birth : 1926

Army Number : (Also found on His ID Tags) : 1926-20-III

Unit : 15BS (15th Rifle Battalion, 5th Kresowa Infantry Division)

Awarded Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 17605

(2) Uncle

Christian Name : Wiktor

Date of Birth : 1925

Army Number : 1925-4-III

Unit : 3Karpacki Batalion Łączności (3rd Carpathian Signals Battalion)

Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 14370

By the end of the War he had been promoted to St. Szer. (Lance Corporal)

(3) Grandfather

Christian Name : Antoni

Date of Birth : 1900

Army Number : 1900-76-III

Unit : 35KW (35th Workshop Company)

Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 47119

I hope that the above information is of some use and help to you Zosia.

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. Zosia the Name of your Great Grandfather was Jan the Father of Antoni.

?

Default War medals

Dear Andrzej,
    I can’t tell you how grateful l am for the information you have given me...and much more than l could have expected. I must have read it several times over. My father passed away a couple of years ago aged 90 he was a wonderful man and he did tell us some stories of his time during the war. My uncle Viktor died during the war so l never got to meet him, l was however very close to my grandfather.
    Thank you so very much Andrzej for finding out this information for me...bless you!
    Zosia

Hello Zosia,

Many tanks for your reply, you are most welcome, your Uncle Wiktor, died after the end of the war in 1946 and is buried in the Polish war Cemetery at Bologna. His recorded details are as follows :

Rank : St.Szer. (Lance Corporal) (although the Rank has been placed as St Strz. Lance Corporal Infantry, St.Szer. is the correct Rank for a Lance Corporal in a Signals Unit).

Christian Name : Wiktor

Date of Birth : 30th May 1925

Place of Birth : Podbiała – Porzecze, Grodno Provence

Date of Death : 9th June 1946

Grave Number : 8-Z-3

Place of Burial : Bologna Polish War Cemetery

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

St Szer. Wiktor Zajączkowski grave at Bologna War Cemetery.

I sincerely hope that the above information Zosia is of some use and help to you.

Very Best Wishes

Andrzej

?

Once again Andrzej thank you so much for this information and for taking the time to find it for me. I have forwarded on to my five brothers who have also asked me to thank you on their behalf.
    With much gratitude and thanks
    Kindest regards
    Zosia

?

Default Dear Andrzej

Once again Andrzej thank you so much for this information and for taking the time to find it for me. I have forwarded on to my five brothers who have also asked me to thank you on their behalf.
    With much gratitude and thanks
    Kindest regards
    Zosia

Hello Zosia,

You are most welcome I was glad to be of some help to you and your brothers, would I be correct in thinking that your Grandfather Antoni was born on the 1st October 1900 and died in December 1970 in Bradford.

Once again I was glad to be of some help Zosia

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Hi Andrzej,
    thank you again for your information. I hadn’t realised before but my fathers birthday was also on the 1st of October the same as my grandfathers!
    I have lots of old documents belonging to my father, grandfather and uncle from after the war and though l speak fluent Polish l can’t read it very well. I’m going to ask a polish midwife l work with to translate them for me.
    I’m passing on my fathers and grandfathers medals to my my two children and as l can’t share the third l’ll sell my uncles and surprise my 2 grandchildren with a few pounds. Now thanks to you my children will know who’s medal they own... l suspect they will both want my fathers!
    Once again thank you for being kind enough to research all that information for me...we are so grateful.
    With kindest regards
    Zosia

Hey.Kto otrzymal odznake 1 Samodzielnrj Brygady Spadochronoeej o Nr 4407.?

Plut. Telesfor Kaczmarek from Base no 10 in Italy