Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 76 of 148 FirstFirst ... 26 66 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 86 126 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Default Re: Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Hi Mattm1970,

If the ribbon Bars are correct the 1939-1945 Star Ribbon with Rosette denotes the Bar "Battle of Britain"

Or was it sewn onto the wrong ribbon.

Fellows
    A very interesting link

J. R. Gaunt & Son, Ltd. - Manufacturer - Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum

The pictures attached seem to add arguments supporting the hypothesis that some of the Early Guant Air Force Badges had the “vertical Scare / Crack” across the Eagle.
    We have discussed this subject on the forum

I think this is relevant finding
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Fellows
    Just to keep up with recent developments!
    Recently sold – Badge of the 1 Anti-tank Artillery Regiment of the 1 Polish Armoured Division
    This is one of my favourite Polish Free Forces Badges.

Congratulations to the new owner!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Ive always liked the Polish militaria but almost never see any for sale. I think some of their stuff is just as nice, or better looking then some of their German counterparts. If anyone has any leads on where I can start buying Polish Mil at? I would greatly appreciate knowing so. I have a neighbor in my Apartment complex who was in the Polish military in WWII and would love to see if I can find his unit badge. He was in either an Armored or a Cavalry unit-I cant remember which off hand?

Anyway, if anyone has any good buying leads for Polish stuff? please let me know by PM as I have difficult times refinding great threads of interest.

Take care and best regards--C.

Fellows
    To add to our library of Pictures / Knowledge.

The Badge of the 10th Dragons of 1 Polish Armoured Division.
    One of the more distinguished regiment of Polish Free Forces

We have some pictures on the Forum - but quality of this one is exceptional.

Recently offered in Poland.

Thanks for posting It is superb quality...who was the German maker?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Hi
    This badge was made by Steinhauer – who had made and number of regimental badges for units of 1 Polish Armoured Division.
    What I do not know – is whether Steinhauer had made also Cap Eagles. There has been 3-5 patterns of Polish Free Eagles made in Germany – but none of them is attributed to Steinhauer.

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    Thanks for posting It is superb quality...who was the German maker?

Fellows
    I finally have managed to find this photo in my library (original source – numizmatyka pl).
    This small badge (31x26 mm) is proving difficult to identify – I have practically given up.
    What I know is that it is not the Badge of the Polish – Scottish Society (1941)
    Perhaps Any of You has some suggestions?

Hi Artur, I can't give you a postive ID on the badge, although the use of the thistle does suggest a Scottish connection. Here's the same badge applied onto a silver vodka tumbler from my collection. The tumbler is marked "Polish Army in Great Britain", dated 1942. It is one of a series of tumblers produced by W. Buszek.

Regards,
    Tony

Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Tony
    Thank You - this is the SUPER connection - badge and tumbler
    i am suspecting the Buczek could have produced badge too.

Page 76 of 148 FirstFirst ... 26 66 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 86 126 ... LastLast