Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 81 of 148 FirstFirst ... 31 71 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 91 131 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Default Re: Polish Regimental Badges WW2

One problem with that grouping already: the F-S knife. And anyone can correct me if I am wrong: F-S knife in this group is stamped "England" both the scabbard and the knife. F-S knifes stamped with "England" were sent to US after the war to pay off British war debt, and were sold to public. A genuine used and veteran kept knife would not have "England" stamp.

Quote by Itakdalej View Post
    One problem with that grouping already: . . . F-S knife in this group is stamped "England" both the scabbard and the knife. F-S knifes stamped with "England" were sent to US after the war to pay off British war debt, and were sold to public. A genuine used and veteran kept knife would not have "England" stamp.
    Sharp eye itakdalej! You are correct that this is an export knife and has been added to the group to dress it up. Unfortunately it is having the opposite effect.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Sharp eye itakdalej! You are correct that this is an export knife and has been added to the group to dress it up. Unfortunately it is having the opposite effect.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Also in the description of the group it says that the knife, badge and beret were featured in the book by Wojciechowski and Sawicki: "Polskie Sily Zbrojne na Zachodzie 1939-1947" I do not have that book but it would be interesting to see if it is the same knife...

?

Found it!
    Reverse of SDP badge, as I suspected, no number, probably not the original nut.
    Note that it is rusted shut and has what looks like kahki drill material trapped between the nut and the green backing. Perhaps the last owner couldn't get it off either.
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Regimental Badges WW2 

?

A few others.
    "DSP" 2nd. Rifle Division 1940-45

?

Aviation.
    Radio operator.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

?

Squadron badge. Anybody know which squadron? there are the initials R H scratched on the reverse.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Very nice collection if you have more pleases post it.

?

I post this one just out of interest. It came with the squadron badge, it is made of lead, supposedly made in a POW camp.

?

My last, other than standard army shoulder titles.
    RAF
    Regards,
    Pete

Page 81 of 148 FirstFirst ... 31 71 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 91 131 ... LastLast