Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 84 of 148 FirstFirst ... 34 74 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 94 134 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Default Re: Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Fellows
    It has been rather quiet on the Forum lately - hopefully we are not running out of steam / ides and topics?

I have been thinking recently – about badges we still have not yet discussed.

This is one of the examples (actually a pin) – by Collins of London.

I believe the same manufacturer produced the miniatures of 4th Infantry Division and 1st Rifles Brigades - I do not have pictures – but if I have seen those pins on ebay a few times.

I no not know the date of the production of those pins – but I think they are relatively contemporary (from the 80ts?) and had been produced for ex-combatants.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

This pin has been intriguing me for some time.

I have never seen it – pictures had been send to me by a friend
    Any ideas as to the origin / relevance?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Fellows,
    Although strictly speaking this badge is not the PSZ (Polish Free Forces) one – I think it is worth adding .

Brygada Swietokrzyska NSZ – much has been written (good and bad) about this Formation – one is certain – not that many artefacts remain associated with it.

?

Some fantastic items in this thread. Look forward to more.

Fellows,

Worth posting (recently sold in Poland) - the "General Armored Corps Badge” – this particular one had been minted for the 1 Polish Armored Division when the unit was stationed in Germany between 45-47.

My experience suggests that it is an rare badge.

The design of this badge follows the pre-war pattern.

Here’s the seldom seen badge of the 11th Heavy Artillery Regiment of the Polish 2nd Corps. The badge measures 43 x 43mm and is stamped in white metal. The cross motif was supposedly patterned after the Cross of the Order of the Italian Crown. Unfortunately, the original spinner is missing.

An unusual find was a rough stamping of the badge that was in process of being cut out (look at 5 o’clock position). For some unknown reason it was stopped.

Regards,
    Tony

Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Tony, thanks for posting. It is nice to see a rare stamped prefinished badge. Who was the designer & jeweller?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Thanks Stefan. The designer was Captain Józef Czwordon, and the ‘wykonawca matrycy’ (stamping die maker) was Captain M. Łada-Zawistowski. The decision to proceed with manufacture was made in 1950, so a relatively late production badge. And also one of the more rarely seen, with this one being the only one I’ve encountered on the market over the past decade. The rough stamping, acquired before the badge, was from a fellow who said he found it in Italy. An unusual find.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Fellows,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Fellows
    SBSK Tobruk badge
    Recently sold in Poland / nice pictures for reference

Can somebody look up the sbsk book for the details of the Fellow behind the nr 0528

Page 84 of 148 FirstFirst ... 34 74 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 94 134 ... LastLast