Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 85 of 148 FirstFirst ... 35 75 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 95 135 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Default Re: Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Fellows

Just got the excellent pictures - "Rys" Battalion
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2
    Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    This pin has been intriguing me for some time.

I have never seen it – pictures had been send to me by a friend
    Any ideas as to the origin / relevance?
    Did you ever find out about this pin? If not may I suggest you try some Finnish sites? The sword and arm remind me of some Finnish badges, plus I believe 1918 was the year of Finnish Independence.

?

Its a rare Polish navy commemoration badge

New arrival to add to our data base, the badge of the 1st Light Anti-aircraft Regiment of the 1st Polish Armoured Division, made by Belgian firm Altenloh based in Brussels. This badge was awarded to ogniomistrz (sergeant) Józef Andrejczuk.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello Tony,
    Great badge ! One of the most difficult to find... Very rare.
    You are a very lucky man now... the showcase of the 1rst pol arm div's breast badges is complete now ?
    ZP

Hi Tony, that is really nice.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

ZP and Ade, thank you. This one’s been a long time coming.

Quote by ze-pole View Post
    ... the showcase of the 1rst pol arm div's breast badges is complete now ?
    Yes, the last paper facsimile (seen at the top of the display frame) can finally be removed and replaced with the real deal. Hooray!

Cheers,
    Tony

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Tony

Your display is exceptional!! Thanks for your dedication in competing it and sharing with us.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Green, many thanks for your kind words. Building the shadow box frame and assembling the backing mat board was only a little less challenging than finding all of the badges!

Regards,
    Tony

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Green, many thanks for your kind words. Building the shadow box frame and assembling the backing mat board was only a little less challenging than finding all of the badges!

Regards,
    Tony
    Ha! I bet it was! Looks it was a handful but your efforts are paying dividends. That is one of the nicest dispays posted on the site. The awards aren't shabby either. Sto lat!
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Page 85 of 148 FirstFirst ... 35 75 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 95 135 ... LastLast