Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 88 of 148 FirstFirst ... 38 78 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 98 138 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Default 9 Pulk Ulanow Malopolskich

pleasantly surprised to source these two examples at a local antiques fair
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Default Re: Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Well done PZ! I like the look of both of them.

With the 9th Małopolskich Ulans badge I'm going out on a limb with my hunch that you paid a little less than the $600++ going rate for these in the current market - ??

A very very nice score, and thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Default Re: 9 Pulk Ulanow Malopolskich

I love the 9th Małopolskich Ulans. Makes my example without the white enamel look very dowdy. Well done. James

?

Fellow Collectors,

I would like to post my newest acqusition of the regimental badge for 1st Polish Armor Division - 10th Dragoon Regiment (10 Pulk Dragonow) manufactured by Steinhauer, Germany.

The badge belonged to a corporal-mechanic serving with Light Aid Detachment (LAD) – Regimental HQ Squadron [Szwadron dowodzenia).
    Badge has originally been attached to a genuine “podkladka” in traditional regimental colors.
    Great thanks especially for forum member Tony Z. who gave me a hand while obtaining the badge.

Regards
    Pawel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

to our " dynamic duo", no accolades needed. usual case of being in the right place at the right time. I am a fan of grammar and the word serendipity is most amorous. that together with the fact that I didn't really want to go out that day as it was pouring with rain ! human nature came to the fore and a haggle was " de rigueur " plus the fact that the vendor was a general dealer and was not au fait with this type of material.both parties were happy and a real bargain was had. pity it doesn't happen on a regular basis.

Uff, real tortures for the brain!
    :-)

Fellows
    Interesting pictures of the badge and ID of the 2 Infantry Battalion of 1 Polish Cor– formed in Scotland.

Badge was sold in Poland few months ago.

I think the picture is worth posting as it gives some clues as to the material the badge is made of. I have never seen the actual ID – so good to see pictures too.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Regimental Badges WW2 

Fellows
    A friend from Poland – has been kind to supply the pictures - featuring the Museum in one of the Silesian Cities in Poland.

Super collection – I need to see it directly during the next trip back home.

I am uploading those pictures as they give plenty of information / clues regarding badge and eagles – I am hoping this upload opens up much quality dialogue / posts

- Absolutely superb stuff!

Attached Images Attached Images

Great !
    Thank you for these pictures !
    ZP

Jim
    ?

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows

Just got the excellent pictures - "Rys" Battalion

First - thanks to the admin team for reminding me I haven't looked in for ages (oops).
    Secondly - Thanks for posting this badge!

Since my last posts I have seen my Grandad and learned much more than I previously knew, unfortunately distance and time mean I have even more to talk to him about when I next have a chance.

One of the things I discovered was that he was in 13th Wilenski Rifles Rysiow so I am very interested in this badge since it is one that is missing from the collection.
    Can I ask where this would have been worn?
    I have some photos of grandad taken in Capri just after the war where several of them have a square-ish patch of cloth with a badge attached on their berets, my grandad told me this was the 2 corps badge (it is far too small to tell in the photos) but the Lynx badge would I'm sure fit perfectly? Grandads beret has not survived, only a forage cap and insignia remain.

Whilst I was visiting last year I took a frame of his insignia with me (which I notice I have not yet posted any photos of - I will get onto that later). He noticed that there was a badge missing and described is as an animal but was struggling to describe it, he then went off and had a search and came back with a 5KDP badge (which has a Bison on it), Legitymacja document for it and his ID tags. He explained that it was lucky he had kept hold of the document when he gave me the other badges because the badge had been stolen from him when he was in the resettlement camp, and it was only fairly recently that a friend (now deceased) had borrowed the document on a trip up to London and obtained a replacement for him. At the time I thought the 5KDP badge was the missing animal but it could be that he was also remembering the lynx - it was only after returning home and researching the battalion that I discovered the lynx connection.

It has also jogged my memory from probably more than 20 years ago when he gave me the badges originally that he might have tried to explain that the battalion was nicknamed lynx but I hadn't really understood or picked up on it at the time.

I have much more of his story (and photos of the display I made) to share in an approariate thread later since this one is mainly for regimental badges.

Out of interest how rare/valuable is this lynx badge - I am torn whether or not to look for one to add to my display, since it would not actually have been his and I kind of like the integrity/authenticity of the collection I have.

Thanks

Jim

Page 88 of 148 FirstFirst ... 38 78 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 98 138 ... LastLast