Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 89 of 148 FirstFirst ... 39 79 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 99 139 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Default Re: Polish Regimental Badges WW2

From post: #878 I wonder who produced these miniature "armoured fist" badges??

I know Collins produced a black enamel miniature armour gauntlet arm with sword but id did not have the gear wheel border device —I have not seen this type before.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Nice complete pair of early "Skorpion" collar pennons with not too much enamel damage, with brass backing plates and correct spinners recently sold approx. GBP £670!
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Fellows
    I have been recently asked to provide more information / judgement on authenticity of Polish AF Piliot’s Wings by Fimin of London.
    To be honest – I have seen the Firmin’s wings only 2 times over years and do not even have good resolution pictures – except the below attached.

Do You have more pictures?
    Any information?

I will ask for the picture of the Wings I have been shown to add
    Perhaps we could learn more working collectively
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Fellows
    Just to keep up with the market.
    Recently sold on ebay
    The Military Police Badge of 2nd Cor.
    Excellent quality pictures
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Fellows
    I think it – I may have found an interesting subject for us to focus on – a bit.
    I have acquired as “the curiosity” a very interesting variant of the Lion of the 6th Tank Regiment – (Dzieci Lwowskie)

It is an unusual one (when compared with the “more often seen model – let’s call it version 1”) – this version 2 - has English “omegas” fastening and material seems to different too.

I suspect that the version 1 of the Lion must have been made in Italy – but the version 2 – most likely when the regiment was posted to England in 1946.

It could be a “similar” story as with some of badges of 1 Arm Divisions (1st and 2nd Tank, Dragoons etc ) – with version 1 made in England and version 2 in Germany.

What do You think?

Have You ever come across a similar version?
    Please post pics.

Attached Images Attached Images Polish Regimental Badges WW2 

secured with little loops on the paws and tail
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Gentlemen

Here is my other 6th "Children of Lwow” Armoured Regiment Hat Badge - I hope I sold the right one.

All the best

James

11 Batalion Łączności Badges

Gentlemen

A nice group from 11th Signals Battalion. The collars are marked ALP

Very very nice James. Did you find them locally or on the web?

Quote by dastier View Post
    Very very nice James. Did you find them locally or on the web?
    Late one evening after too many glasses I placed a silly bid on a veteran's uniform on ebay and won it. As you can see the uniform had been dressed up like a Christmas tree. Hidden beneath everything were the 11th Signals Battalion badges. The question is what do I do with the jacket? It is an Ike dated 1951 so not truly period but the badges are. I don't know about the aigullettes. Only one pin so not a regular Adjutant's set. The service medals are correct but one missing - Merit Cross. I don't know about the veteran's medals but I have returned the bars to the Armed Forces Military Medal.
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Regimental Badges WW2 

Page 89 of 148 FirstFirst ... 39 79 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 99 139 ... LastLast