Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 90 of 148 FirstFirst ... 40 80 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 100 140 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Default Re: Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Congrats on your purchase but I personally would keep the jacket as is because surely it is part of the history of this vet's life? I am sure that many soldiers went through several or more sets of uniforms during their service and transferred their awards in the process, I know my father did
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

the cupboard was bare at fair today but pushed the boat out buying this spinner. I assume it is of Polish origin but is the manufacturer a known entity ?
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Regimental Badges WW2 

Hi Prosty Zolnierz,

Eugeniusz Marian Unger, produced many items including the Przemysl Star, the Firm was located on Ul Choraszczny 7 & Ul Bourlanda 4 in Lwow

A fine maker of Military Badges.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

thank you Andrzejku. unfortunately there was no badge screwed to it !

Single 1st pattern 4th Armoured "Skorpion" collar pennon sold on Ebay.

What struck me was the lack of detail in skorpion emblem and the fixings showing through the reverse of the badge...unlike other examples I have seen and illustrated below. Any thoughts?

I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

I believe it is something to do with bull ! The riveting is a variation on the theme.

My father served in 1st Polish Armoured Division, 1 Medium Artillery Battery (later transferred to the 2 Field Artillery). Have identified his Virtuti Militari and Cross of Valour (2 bars) but need some help with a few regimental badges. I'd be much obliged for any help you can offer.
    Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Hi Stepic

Very nice colection of badges. Would you be prepared to post pictures of the medals as well.
    What you have is
    2nd Polish Motorized Artillery Regiment (2 pułk artylerii motorowej) Badge with a 2 at the top
    1st Polish Heavy Artillery (1 pułk artylerii ciężkiej) badge with 1PAC
    9th Polish Rifle Battalion (9 battalion strzelców flandryjskich) Badge with 9BSK an infantry regiment
    Black & Green Pennon is 2PAM a collar badge that goes with the 2PAM badge
    I'm not sure about the two with SPA - schools of artillery I think. Others will tell you
    Nice badges and thanks for sharing. It would be great to see the medals too.
    All the best
    James

Here is a shot of the Virtuti Militari. I'm now told his Cross of Valour was lost after the war and the medal pictured here was bought for him by a friend. I obtained his war record from the British Ministry of Defence and it confirms the Cross with 2 bars. His awards are also listed in General Maczek's book 'Od podwody do czolga'.
    Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2

His box of memorabilia also contained an oddity that perhaps someone can shed some light on:

It might even belong to my mother who ran a nursing station during the Warsaw uprising.

My dad was in the 1 PAC

Yep, the SPA badges are for the Szkola Podchorazych Artylerii.

I'm actually amazed at how many variations of the SPA badges there are out there; the one I have is enamelled in black, blue and red and the laurel and oak wreaths have been swapped round. Maybe each different location of the artillery school had a different version of the badge - my dad did his training in Coetquidan in 1940.

Just wondering, you might be able to date the badges if they've got a silver hallmark on the back...

Page 90 of 148 FirstFirst ... 40 80 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 100 140 ... LastLast