Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 148 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Default Re: Polish Regimetal Badges WW2

Please let’s continue posting pictures and information about the Polish Badges. I am really grateful for to all of You who have contributed so far.

9 Flandryjski Infantry Battalion of 1 Polish Armoured Division

• 9 Battalion had seen a lot of action in 1944 and 45 and had one of the highest rate of casualties in all the Polish Formations in the West - please see the statistics below

• A beautiful badge made in Germany in 1945 – numbers at the back

• A few years ago the widow after the RIP colonel who was the president of the 9 Flandryjski Association sold c40 remaining / end of the issue badges with numbers 1000+ – it is still possible to purchase a badge from this lot from time to time on the internet

• I really recommend purchasing one, over years of collecting I have seen only one time the ID for this badge

• Please see this incredible statistics
    o Killed 219 (inc 10 Officers)
    o Wounded 726 (inc 51 Officers)
    o Virtuti Militari V – 27
    o Cross of Valour – 262
    o 1939/45 Star 850
    o France and Germany 311
    o Regiment took 2560 prisoners
    Has anybody got other badges of 1 Polish Armoured Division?
    - 10 Dragoons
    - 1 and 2 Tank Regiments
    - Podhalanski Battalion
    - 10 Horses Rifles
    - Others
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

3mk
    ?

I know this isnt a regimental badge but what do you guys think about this cap eagle?
    Is it real?

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Honestly, i am not sure about this one
    Usually this type of eagle has great finish of details and edges specifically.

Quote by 3mk View Post
    I know this isnt a regimental badge but what do you guys think about this cap eagle?
    Is it real?

Thanks

3mk
    ?

Thanks for your opinion Wadowwicznic

It is excellent that we are seeing the international dimension on this forum – Thanks for the post on the Estonian Capitan – fascinating story
    On some other topic - I hope You could help me?
    Year ago – I bought a lot of Polish badges and medals after an old-cavalry soldier together with the badge that I have not yet really researched. I have been told it is from Baltic Countries.
    Can You help with the identification / valuation etc
    I am very curious about this one,
    A

Quote by LoCo View Post
    The unknown captain is Nikolai Masing (1892-1953). One interesting fact is that during the 1924 Estonian coup d'état attempt he was the driver in the armored car which helped to defeat the communist rebels. He was released from the army in 14.12.1935, because he was a member of the Vaps Movement. In the reserv army his rank was lowered from captain to private in 28.07.1936.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    3DSK – manufactured by Lorioli (many types: silver 800, Alpaga, White Metal)
    Here they are . . .

Top left: silver – marked “.800”

Top right: alpacca / white metal (copper-nickel-zinc alloy) – marked “ALP”

Bottom: plated zinc-alloy “pot metal”. Unmarked. Possibly unique make up for a Lorioli badge exhibiting typical characteristics where the base metal corrosive alloy composition results in the flaking off of the decorative plating.

Also posted is a seldom seen ‘deluxe’ cased version which houses an .800 silver badge

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Has anybody got other badges of 1 Polish Armoured Division?
    Coming up . . .

Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

1st Motorized Artillery Regiment – enameled officer’s version and other ranks version along with its award document. Both made by Ludenscheid Germany based firm Steinhauer.

The enameled version belonged to Captain Wladyslaw Stankiewicz. I’ll post another of his badges shortly.

Also some details of the regiments KIA “Polegli” and injured “Ranni” along with award counts.

Artillery Cadet Officer School – along with matching award document number 12. Hallmarked silver, made by Rattray and Co – Dundee.

It remains mounted to his uniform, which is the way I obtained it.

Picture of the owner also posted.

1st Armoured Regiment

2 versions of the badge shown: Kirkwood & Son – Edinburgh, and immediate post war made by fim Steinhauer, Ludenscheid Germany

2nd Armoured Regiment

This version made by Kirkwood & Son – Edinburgh. This badge came from a grouping belonging to Officer Cadet Stanislaw Trebacz. The group contained various items including award documents but unfortunately not the award document for this badge.

Page 5 of 148 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 105 ... LastLast