Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Default Re: Polish Regimetal Badges WW2

Fellows
    We are still missing some of the 1 Armoured Division Badges.
    Les’s try to complete this challenge and get the gallery for the Division completed so that we can move to rest of 1 Corpus and 2 Corpus

I see lost of viewings – but posts come only from a few – let’s build the community here!

Fellows no need to be shy here! This forum is team effort #

A lot of people who learn from our quality pictures how the badges look like they benefit tremendously and minimise the risk that they are not going to make mistakes to be ripped off by dodgy dealers offering smart fakes to new collectors for ridiculous prices – show some solidarity fellows – I would like to learn too - post your badges

I do not want to leave in conviction that Polsih Badges can not be found in the entire world

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Tony
    The Stankiewicz's set is remarkable and the best I have seen associated with 1 AD both in terms of actual artefacts and storry. . .
    Thank you wadowicznic.

These items belonging to Capt. Stankiewicz have by far the most sentimental value in my collection (next to my father’s 2nd Corps items, of course), but I have two other 1st Armoured Division grouping that are ‘better’ in some respects.

One of them for documentation. This one is the Jan Kazimierczyk grouping of his items from the 1 PAMot. It is my most complete grouping from the standpoint of documentation – both award documents and post war veteran’s association documents, along with decrorations.

The other consists of items that belonged to 2nd Lt Antoni Kos of the 1st Antitank Artillery Regiment. Along with his original SD uniform including beret are some very interesting personal effects including note books from his academic artillery training (looks like they had just as much mathematics as I took in my post secondary structural engineering, physics and calculus courses!). Everything in both groups is original and nothing has been added (the Kos grouping also came with his Sam Brown belt which I overlooked including in the pictures).

OK, that’s enough of ‘off the topic’ posts. My next one will be of a badge . . . promise . . .

Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

OK, as promised, back to badges . . .

1st AD Supply and Transport Corps (Oddziały Zaoptrywania). Another Steinhauer German made badge. Interesting to note the KIA totals. It’s sometimes overlooked that even these ‘non-combat’ units were operating under serious fire.

I also included a greatcoat I recently purchased that once belonged to a lance sergeant in the Oddziały Zaoptrywania. Unfortunately the original owner’s name is unknown.

Best regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

I'd post it if I had it!!!

Just using the thread as a learning piece currently, I only own cap badges (1 metal and 1 plastic) and a pair of dog tags, most of which I've posted on this forum, hopefully in time I can add some helpful piccys

Let's continue with the interesting badges

2 Polish Armoured Division of the 2 Polish Corps
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Regimental Badges WW2 

One of the most difficult to get Polish Badges
    7 Lubelski Lancers of the 2 Polish Cor
    Made in Italy by PB

Has anybody got any memorabilia associate with this regiment?

Please post excamples of other Lancers' Badges if You have.
    A
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

3mk
    ?

1 question guys,Im looking to buy a badge but ive been wondering,what do they mean by Britsh made?Pre-war replacements made for officers etc?Or replacements made in England post-ww2?
    Thanks

Hi, "British Made" would indicate an item produced in Great Britain for the Free Polish Forces circa 1940 to 1946.

Cheers, Ade.

3mk
    ?

Thanks Ade!

Ill post mine when i find one which will be soon

3mk
    ?

I recently bought this badge (about a 1 minute ago ) for $120 with shipping to Canada included.I know its not exile but i had no where else to post it.What do you guys think of it?Fair price?It comes with a blank screw back disk.
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish Regimental Badges WW2  Polish Regimental Badges WW2 

Page 7 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 107 ... LastLast