Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 94 of 148 FirstFirst ... 44 84 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 104 144 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Default Re: Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Tony,
    You're absoutely right-- doesn't look like I'm going to have any luck finding 2 loose bars for my father's Cross of Valour. For the purposes of the display I'm putting together, it looks like reproduction bars will have to do. Can you steer me in the right direction vis a vis the pile in the photo you posted?
    Thank-you
    Chris

Hi Chris,

You’ll need a little patience my friend! Hang in there, remain vigilant, and you’ll eventually find the right pieces.

In the meantime here’s the Allegro auction for the reproduction bars.

poprzeczka medalowa, za ponowne nadanie. (2980955648) - Allegro.pl - Wi

Please be sure to share your completed display with us in the ‘Let’s see your Polish Militaria Display’ thread.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Hi, thought you might be interested. These were my uncles.He served with Anders and right through to the end in Europe.

Quote by Alex S View Post
    Hi, thought you might be interested. These were my uncles.He served with Anders and right through to the end in Europe.
    Very nice family group Thank you for sharing
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    Very nice family group Thank you for sharing
    Hello,
    +1
    Great, really.
    Ze-Pole

Hi, thought you might be interested. These were my uncles.He served with Anders and right through to the end in Europe.
    Hi Alex, welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing your uncle’s items.

The W.Buszek made 1st Motorized Artillery Regiment badge is super! This is the rarest version. But this and the documents seem out of place if your uncle did in fact serve in the Polish 2nd Corps under General Anders. The badge and documents are from the 1st Armoured Division, under General Maczek, which was engaged in steady combat from Normandy through Belgium, Holland into Germany. They did not participate in the battle for Monte Cassino. By chance was he reassigned at some point to the Polish forces in Italy?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

Hi AJ, I have never really looked into his military history.What I do know was that he was a PoW in Russia until being released with Anders. He fought in Africa. On the back of a Campaign Star award card,awarding him the 1939-45 & France & Germany star, is a notation "ELIGIBLE FOR AFRICA STAR" signed by Maj O.C.Schwetlich Ferdinand.He saw combat in Italy,hence the Monte Cassino cross, number 17567 (no document with it). This number seems to indicate he was with the 5th KDP.(No sign of Italy Star award though).He did speak of his time in Italy when he lived with my family.He chased his own cousin, my Dad(Ukrainian in German Waffen SS Tiger tank), up thru Europe.I will probably never know full details, a lot was verbal and I will never be able to prove much of it.I will post some more photos here soon if you are interested.Fun trying to find out though.By your name I can see history displaced you too.But too such a beautiful place. all the best, Alex Stryczko

Hi Alex,

Welcome to the forum,

The Monte Cassino Cross numbered: 17567 was awarded to:

Surname: WOLCZUK

Christian Name: Gawryl

Fathers Name: Wasyl

Date of Birth: 1912

Army Number also found on his ID Tags: 1912/132/III

Unit: z 15 Baonu Strzelcowi (15th Rifle Battalion, 5KDP)

He was arrested inZaleszczyki on Monday 18th September 1939, he arrived at his camp at Siewzeldorlag on the 4th June 1940 and Joined the Anders Army at Tatiszczewo on the 3rd September 1941.

That is all the information that I could find on the recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered 17567.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

?

Hi Andrzejku, Thanks very much for that infomation.I am finding out such a lot so quickly on this forum thru people like you, you are keeping history alive.So its turned into a mystery now. How did my uncle Bombadier Piotr Perchacz come to have this medal?Do you have any information on him. all the best, Alex

Hi AJ, I have never really looked into his military history.What I do know was that he was a PoW in Russia until being released with Anders. He fought in Africa. On the back of a Campaign Star award card,awarding him the 1939-45 & France & Germany star, is a notation "ELIGIBLE FOR AFRICA STAR" signed by Maj O.C.Schwetlich Ferdinand.He saw combat in Italy,hence the Monte Cassino cross, number 17567 (no document with it). . .
    Hi Alex,

Thanks for the added info. Your uncle has the classic story of a ‘first wave’ 2nd Corps soldier with his sojourn through Soviet captivity. I had a moment to look over the documents a little closer and it appears I had things backwards. The 1943 date stuck with me from my first quick glance at the regimental badge document. But on closer inspection he was actually awarded this three years later as noted at the bottom of the document. So all indications are that your uncle found himself in the 1st Armoured Division after his service in the 2nd Corps. The only hiccup now is Andrzejku’s information that the MC cross was not issued to him. I look forward to seeing the other pictures you mention. Are there any other surviving documents his service in the 2nd Corps?

. . . By your name I can see history displaced you too.But too such a beautiful place.
    Yes, another classic story of a Polish 2nd Corps vet that would not return to Poland and chose to settle and raise families abroad. After my father was transferred from Italy to England and his unit disbanded he heard much about the Soviet treachery and poor treatment of some of the Poles returning from military service in the west. So in 1947 as a young man of 25 he set out to start a new life, and thankfully eventually picked a nice part of the world to make home!

Cheers,
    Tony

Page 94 of 148 FirstFirst ... 44 84 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 104 144 ... LastLast