Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

?

Default Re: Polish Regimetal Badges WW2

Rafal,
    The die's did have a limited life, ...
    The GR-TECH die cracked, and when Kirkwood took over the production, they had a new one made. As you say though, after so many badges were made, even that one started to wear and show signs of production damage.

The shorter "broken wing" was no doubt down to a running repair to the Kirkwood die.

Gary J.

Quote by rsunday View Post
    Gary,
    you are right with V shape. But I saw K&S badge with V shape - probably personally made by owner.

Concerning "broken" eagle: all K&S badges with numbers approx. over 4700 has eagles' left wings "broken" (not sharp like earlier). The reason may be a result of die's damage (?).
    Greetings
    Rafal

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows
    Let’s continue posting the badges of the 2 Polish Corpus.
    Further contribution from me

9 Bolonski Battalion.
    A

Hi !!

Could you post an image of the back of the 9th Bolonski badge !?! I have a "gold" version of this badge and I'm curious to see how they compare. I wil post images of my version of the badge as soon as I can.

Thanks !!

Vic

Quote by vicjoy1945 View Post
    Hi !!

Could you post an image of the back of the 9th Bolonski badge !?! I have a "gold" version of this badge and I'm curious to see how they compare. I wil post images of my version of the badge as soon as I can.

Thanks !!

Vic
    Hi Vic,

Here’s mine, along with a mini collar tab version.

Please do post pics of yours. I’ve never seen nor even heard of one in gold.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi Vic,

Here’s mine, along with a mini collar tab version.

Please do post pics of yours. I’ve never seen nor even heard of one in gold.

Regards,
    Tony
    Hi Tony !

I'll try to post pics tonight or tomorrow when I get home...

I believe that the badge in my collection is very similar to yours. If memory serves me correctly, the badge has a sort of "gold" wash or toning much like yours appears to have in these images.

Somewhere in the cobwebbed corner of my mind I seem to recall a blurb that a "gold" version was issued to those soldiers from the battalion that actually made it all the way into the city !?!

Does this sound familiar to you !?!

Thanks !

Vic

Hello!

Here is my collar tab 9 Bolonski Batalion:

Regards Michal

Genteleman, this site is really amazing and im thorough ly enjoying being a new member. Its great to be able to view such wonderful items that you have collected and to read your in depth knowledge which is really impressive and speaks volumes for your obvious dedication. As a relatively new collector i struggle with the Polish texts and end up just looking at pictures which can be frustrating.

In response to this particular thread i too was not aware of the existence of a gold Bolonski Batalion badge but i have a medal that was issued to the members of the Batalion.

Angry Re: Polish Regimetal Badges WW2

Quote by Gary J View Post
    From a set I use to own !!

Kuc won the VM at Monte Cassino, .. he ran out of ammunition, and with some other men attacked a German machine gun nest just charging and throwing rocks at them ! ... the Germans backed off !

In Later Life, Kuc, whilst drunk, took his VM and threw it into the local river !
    hi, my grandfather and his brothers disgusted by the British governments decision to ban them from the victory parade chucked their medals into the Thames. Albeit fuelled by too much Wodka they never recovered from that shame and as a consequence never spoke of the war. Unortunately for me it means i have Jack to remember them by in terms of the war and to this day i have no idea what any of them did.

?

Robert, .... welcome aboard ...

I just checked a few records, .. and was either your father or Uncles name Franciszek Odulinski ?

Regards

Gary J.

Gary, Fantastic yes one of 5 brothers my grand father was called Boleslaw the others (Franek) Wladek Jozek and one i cant remember. This is amazing.

?

Smile Re: Polish Regimetal Badges WW2

Robert, ... it's just some basics, .. BUT !!! this will help to try and track down some of his war records ..

Odulinski. Franciszek. 1912/33 Kan. 3 PAL

Ok ... "Uncle Frank" was in the 3rd Carpathian Division.
    Rank = Kanonier (Gunner)
    Born 1912
    3 PAL. = 3rd Pulk Artylerii Lekkiej.
    (1912/33 was his army number)

It's a start !!! ... I'm sure someone whose clued up a little more on the 3rd Carpathians, might be able to help further .. fingers crossed !!

Regards

Gary J.

Page 13 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 113 ... LastLast