Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 16 of 148 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 66 116 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

?

Default Re: Polish Regimetal Badges WW2

Tony .. as ever, an excellent item .. well presented

Gary J.

3mk
    ?

Nice display Tony!I never knew such a armband existed

Default Re: 2nd Corp MP arm band.

Excellent stuff.
    This is the first time i see the arm band.
    A

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Yes, I remember that auction well. The closing price was 167GBP. This one had been converted rather crudely to button fastening.

Pictured below is one from my collection that uses the original press-studs to snap it into place around the arm.

I have it mounted as a backing to other Żandarmeria Wojskowa pieces picked up over the years. (although it may appear that the collar pennons are puncturing the armband in order to stay mounted, these pennons do not have threaded posts)

Regards,
    T.

Hey Guys,

Here's are images of the 9th Bolonski badge I mentioned in my previous post. I also included the miniature badge in the image. As you can see the badge has a "gold" coloring to it on the front along with what would appear to be a lacquering as well. The back of the badge shows what may be brass coming through near the edges. I don't think the spinner is original to the badge.

As I mentioned previously, somewhere in the recess of my mind I remember a mention that "gold" versions were issued to soldier's that made there way into the city. I'll keep searching my books for any notation to verify this.

Then again, perhaps it was after one too many Burton's Old Expensives !!

Thanks !!

Vic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

And of course, the back...

Let me know what you think !!

Thanks !!

Vic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Quote by vicjoy1945 View Post
    . . . the badge has a "gold" coloring to it on the front along with what would appear to be a lacquering as well. . . . I don't think the spinner is original to the badge.
    Vic, I think I see what you mean. Perhaps a bit of luster in the brass? You mention some evidence of a lacquer coating - maybe the badge was polished up in the past and then lacquered to preserve the shine?

The spinner looks like a ‘Della Medaglia’ made version, the one found as original equipment on the Polski 2 Korpus badge from this maker. These spin freely onto the Lorioli badges, and it’s not unusual to find them on these and other badges.

Please keep looking into that account of the gold version issued to soldier's that made there way into Bologna.

Regards,
    Tony

As promised
    The book printed by the 11 Battalion Association – I guess in 60ts
    Excellent stuff
    233 Pages + photos and maps + list of fellows

I am also posting a picture of the map showing the Way the 11 Battalion had done from Russia to Bolonia.

A

Quote by Gary J View Post
    11th Signals Battalion.
    .. Not the normal thick brass "flat" issue, ... but a stamped "concave" type, which I gather was a slightly later issues..

Gary J.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Fellows,

Let me please show my recent acquisition.
    Who guess first – what is it?

Let’s do small competition here.

I add to simplify – this was probably the smallest “unit” of the Polish Free Army. Slightly younger – but excellent history.

A

3mk
    ?

I like the design of this one.Ill be posting another badge soon.

?

Cadet Battalion. ????

Gary J.

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows,

Let me please show my recent acquisition.
    Who guess first – what is it?

Let’s do small competition here.

I add to simplify – this was probably the smallest “unit” of the Polish Free Army. Slightly younger – but excellent history.

A

Page 16 of 148 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 66 116 ... LastLast