Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 97 of 148 FirstFirst ... 47 87 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 107 147 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Default Re: Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Hi Tony, for the 4PP badges allocated in 1947 the numbering system reverted back to 1 and went up to 126 and I don't believe these badges were stamped with a number. But I am not 100% sure of that...like much in 2PolCorps collecting

However badges no. 980 to 985 were also issued in May 1947 so I would assume these were issued and number stamped to those who served during hostilities and therefore a continuance of the first no. listing rather being awarded to men who enlisted after liberation.

I believe a last high numbered badge was issued in May 1948.

There were some further numbered allocations to a handful of individuals.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Stefan, thanks for your added comments. It’s an interesting topic. In another thread I spoke of the numbering of the 9th Flanders Rifle’s Battalion badges. These were also awarded in ‘batches’ at different times, with a block of numbered unissued badges mid-way in the sequence. But in contrast to the 4th Scorpion all of their issued badges did receive a number, regardless of time of award. There’s a similar situation with the parachute badge numbering. All issues were also numbered with blocks of numbered unissued badges. It appears that each regiment / unit and even military schools with serial numbered badges applied their own systems, if in fact a pre-determined system was applied.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Excellent pictures - just received to be added to our library

Polish Air Force Combat Air Gunner's - WW2 Breast Badge (Gaunt).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

I have previously posted this little badge a while ago but have recently found a photo (below) of serviceman in US style uniform wearing said badge.

My assumption is the serviceman in the photo is in one of the various post-war Polish guard/labor units under US command. The man is not wearing any other insignia on his uniform. According to the seller the photo was found in an album of aviation photographs which had some WWII era Civil Air Patrol aircraft photos, other than that no other information. But at least this new photo addition provides some context for the badge.

The badge has typical German manufacture screw pin and spinner seen in brass and aluminium.

Default Re: Polish Regimental Badges WW2 - Maid of Warsaw

Mystery. Sleeve patch , dimensions 42mm x 47mm, pinback Syrena on Paxolin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Default Re: Polish Regimental Badges WW2 - Maid of Warsaw

Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    Mystery. Sleeve patch , dimensions 42mm x 47mm, pinback Syrena on Paxolin

...and very nice it is too

The Syrena looks like some of the pre-war Warsaw mermaid style pins I have seen in the past.

I assume it was "field" made to emulate the blue 2PolCorps sleeve patch below?

PZ, very nice looking ‘warsztatowka’ version of the 2nd Corps Base insignia, in keeping with the many hand crafted 2nd Corps items made in Italy in the immediate post war years. I agree with Stefan that the mermaid appears very similar to pre-war vintage patriotic pins. Congrats to you on a wonderful acquisition.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

thank you chaps for the encomium. when at school and called " wonderboy " ( wonder what time it is, wonder what this does ) and still wondering, were the two different types of collar pennons worn concurrently ? the pennons in question are the " swallow tail " pattern and the much elongated triangle variety. never seemed to have come across a correct description of the latter.

Fellows
    For the record - just sold on ebay - very interesting badge - 3BSK and 3MG Battalion.
    I am posting them - as I like the history of the 3rd BSK - there is an excellent book - written just after the war - 3BSK - by Bielatowicz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Default 2 Brygada Strzelców Karpackich Battalion beret badges

Gentlemen

2 Brygada Strzelców Karpackich beret badges for nos. 4, 5 & 6 Batalion Strzelców Karpackich

All the best

James
    Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Page 97 of 148 FirstFirst ... 47 87 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 107 147 ... LastLast