Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 21 of 148 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Default Re: Polish Regimetal Badges WW2

Quote by wadowicznic View Post
    Fellows ,
    Has anyone got the badge of Officers’ Legion – a very small unit of Polish Army / Second Corpus in Middle East.
    I have seen a few badges over years, but have never been 100% sure if they had been genuine.
    The badge was made in Cairo - - I guess around 42-44.

I know the history of the unit – would be good to see pictures of an orginal badge

Responses appreciated
    A
    Here’s mine.

Regards,
    T.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

And while on the topic of Egyptian made badges . . . one of my personal favorite Polish badge designs.

15th Poznan Ulan Regiment (15 Pułk Ułanow Poznanzkich)
    Polish 2nd Corps

~33mm. Pre-war pattern retained. Two part construction of cast silver and brass components.

Presumably made by P. Minassian – Cairo.

I found this brief but fascinating account of the badge’s history:

From the 1997 book by Tadeusz Jeziorowski "Odznaka 15 Pulku Ulanow Poznanskich" (The Badge of the 15th Poznan Ulan Regiment):

The regiments commanding officer Rotmistrz (Cavalry Captain) Kiedacz approached Gen. Anders to obtain authorization for production of regimental badges. A quantity of 800 was authorized. Rtm. Kiedacz then consulted an Egyptian engraver and submitted his own badge (which he had carried out of Poland; made by Wiktor Gontarczyk of Warsaw) as a sample to be reproduced exactly. The instructions also stipulated that the original Gontarczyk fastener details be reproduced. Armed with his instructions the maker set out to produce the badge as faithfully to the original as possible (which was a die stamped badge) using the sand casting method.

I'd say the final results were quite successful.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Here is picture from my visit to Warsaw museum in 2006.
    Mariusz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Tony
    Excellent badges - both LO and15 Lancers. I have been trying to find Officers’ Legion for some time.
    More time needed + I need to be prepared for high prices in today’s market

Hello! The price shouldn't be sa big. One month ago i could buy Legia Oficerska badge in excellent condition for 1200zl Regards

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    OK, as promised, back to badges . . .

1st AD Supply and Transport Corps (Oddziały Zaoptrywania). Another Steinhauer German made badge. Interesting to note the KIA totals. It’s sometimes overlooked that even these ‘non-combat’ units were operating under serious fire.

I also included a greatcoat I recently purchased that once belonged to a lance sergeant in the Oddziały Zaoptrywania. Unfortunately the original owner’s name is unknown.

Best regards,
    Tony
    Hello guy's,
    I'm new here on the forum. Started to collect Polish 25 years ago until some 12 years ago. Sold a lot of my stuff but it's great to find some of it back here!!
    What realy strikes me are the fakes made the last few years!!
    Anyway, I found a few badges on a local show in Belgium which seems to be made by Steinhauer.
    Just want to post them and see (hope) if they are ok?
    Cheers,
    Marc

Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Attached Images Attached Images Polish Regimental Badges WW2 

Welcome to the forum.
    Thank You for an excellent contribution and posts. I hope you will enjoy – welcome to the club!
    Unfortunately I do not have the badge of 2 Tank Regiment – the ex-service men association was closed down 6 years ago in London and unfortunately there is nobody around anymore.

The badges you have posted have Steinhauer feel to them. However, They appear to be in excellent condition without the signs of use / storage / einflunce of time.
    Please see some previous posts on the forum - colleagues posted examples of this badges

Unfortunately, my vote is that somebody seems to be coping Steinhauer.

Art

?

Thanks Art!
    They are in an excellent condition, never been used.
    I've had the transport badge years ago with the same screw but unfortunatuly I don't have it (or good scans) anymore to compare.
    Like I said before back in the 80's early 90's the fakes where not like the fakes today, seems I have to study again.
    I wouldn't be suprised they copy the Steinhauers!

Cheers,
    Marc

Hello Marc, and welcome to the forum!

The badges look entirely OK to me. I don't see any problems, other than they look very fresh. But all characteristics are spot on for genuine badges. In my opinion either unissued and well preserved originals, or possibly restrikes, which I find very unlikely.

Best regards,
    Tony

?

Thanks Tony!!!

This is one which I have since many years.
    Belonged to a british sergeant "Fletcher".

cheers,
    Marc

Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Page 21 of 148 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 71 121 ... LastLast