Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Polish ring

Article about: Hi Guys, I was talking with one of my customers today about the war, as you do She was telling me that her late Mother was given a ring by a Polish Soldier who was stationed in the UK during

Default Polish ring

Hi Guys, I was talking with one of my customers today about the war, as you do

She was telling me that her late Mother was given a ring by a Polish Soldier who was stationed in the UK during the war. She thinks he might have been a Paratrooper. She does have a photo of him somewhere, but it is buried with all the old family pictures. She got the ring out to show me, sadly I did not have the camera or phone with me to take a pic, but I will describe it.

It was very small in size, silver, with a rectangular black stone or enamel face with an applied Polish eagle on in it silver. No hall marks or maker marks.

Has anyone seen one of these before?

I will try and get a photo next week. It was a lovely item.

Cheers, Ade.

3mk
    ?

Default Re: Polish ring

Im not really sure but it sounds like Patriotic item,These were common pre-1939 not sure about the Polish army in exile

?

As ever Ade, .... A picture would be nice ...

By the way, .. have "we" discussed this when we have met sometime ?
    I do remember trying to ID a paratrooper photo for someone with a similar story ?

Cheers

Gary J.

Hi Gary, no this literally came up today.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    It was very small in size, silver, with a rectangular black stone or enamel face with an applied Polish eagle on in it silver. No hall marks or maker marks.

Has anyone seen one of these before?
    Yes, I definitely recall seeing this type of ring with a black onyx type stone for a silver eagle on more than one occasion. Unfortunately, I don’t have any pictures in my files. Looking forward to seeing your pics.

Cheers,
    T.

Hi Guys, the lady was kind enough to let me share some pics. Here are a couple of quick pics taken today. They were done under artificial light as the weather here is lousy.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish ring   Polish ring  

?

Ade nice ring any chance that someday it might be yours? Gary

Hi Gary, I would love to own it. But it did belong to the ladies late Mother and she obviously has a lot of sentimental attachment to it. So I would not offer her money for it out of respect. But I have told her that it is very nice. I am really interested to see if she can find the photo which she has packed away of the soldier who gave it to her Mum.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Ade I hope she finds the photo I would like to see it. Gary

?

Ade,
    Looks like the eagle was cast away from the main body of the ring, then inserted. (Note the faint "circle" on the inner face of the ring backing the eagle.)

Possibly ..... a workshop piece ??? as the eagle quality is not of jeweller standard.

A nice piece though ..... keep on the trail

Gary J.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast