Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Polish soldiers in France 1940

Article about: Hi all, As some of you may or may not know, my father was a Polish soldier in WW2. To honour my father's memory and to honour the sacrifice made by Polish soldiers in the war against Nazi an

Default Re: Polish soldiers in France 1940

Les Polonais à Coëtquidan

- - Updated - -

http://guer-coetquidan.pagesperso-orange.fr/bisto/coet/polonais.html

Hi everyone,

Some more phtographs of the Polish Army in FRance 1939-1940

Attachment 388791Polish soldiers in France 1940

The French Army sign at Coetquidan

Attachment 388792Polish soldiers in France 1940

Machine gunners from 10PSK aboard the Royal Scotsman

Attachment 388793Polish soldiers in France 1940

Polish Military Band

I hope that you like the attached and as per usual click on a photograph to enlarge in a new page.

p.s. click the attached to see a Polish Officer at Autreville Martigny on the 3rd May 1940, his greatcoat has the ribbon for the Virtuti Militari

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Attachment 388795Polish soldiers in France 1940

Polish Artillery spotter

?

Polish Infantry officer School - March 1940 (Private collection)

Gary J.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish soldiers in France 1940  

One more picture, where?
    Attachment 389788

Thumbs up Re: Polish soldiers in France 1940

Fantastic photos of Polish soldiers in France. Plenty of uniform and equipment details. Thanks to all who have posted and please keep them coming.

I can't contribute any photos as such to this thread, but I do have things like paperwork and postcards that you gentlemen may find interesting.

The first item is a copy of an order placing my grandad in charge of the administrative affairs etc for that particular sector; he was the commander of the camp at St Loup.

And two postcards addressed to my dad while he was stationed at the SPA in the camp at Coetquidan. The green one is from my grandmother who was living in Paris at the time and the other is from grandad; two examples of army postcards that the soldiers would have received.

Hello,
    Photo CoetquidanPolish soldiers in France 1940

Hi flomatem, interesting photo. One of the earliest of the newly forming Polish Armed Forces in the West, and if the placard records the date of the photo then fighting was still going on in Poland. The French berets were certainly ample sized!

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

An essential item for the Polish soldier in France; a Polish - French phrase book complete with phonetic pronounciation This particular edition was updated and published in August 1939 and includes not only the typical touristy-type stuff, but also a new section on phrases and words relating to the military.

Quote by Reynard View Post
    An essential item for the Polish soldier in France; a Polish - French phrase book complete with phonetic pronounciation This particular edition was updated and published in August 1939 and includes not only the typical touristy-type stuff, but also a new section on phrases and words relating to the military.

Interesting, I just found my father's English-Polish /Polish-English dictionary from the Polish Red Cross complete with nurses names plus a Miss Betty Goodwin written in the back.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast