Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

polish ww2 photo id

Article about: hi everyone, trying to help my godfather out . he found this photo of his dad during ww2 and wondered if i could help him. he knows nothing of his dads service so i wondered if anyone could

Default polish ww2 photo id

hi everyone, trying to help my godfather out .
    he found this photo of his dad during ww2 and wondered if i could help him. he knows nothing of his dads service so i wondered if anyone could help via the cap badges and uniform shown, as polish ww2 is not my field of knowledge.

i would really appreciate any pointers.
    kind regards
    Ed

polish ww2 photo idpolish ww2 photo idpolish ww2 photo id

There were Polish units in North Africa and in Italy and I would guess these are from one of those areas. They served with honour and Polish troops were those that captured Monte Cassino.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Just to add that the Caps are GS cap and these were introduced in autumn 1943 so Italy is most likely.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I would agree with Jerry.

Polish 2nd Corps is your best bet.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

thanks guys, that gives me something to get my teeth into!
    great help as always!